Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: some simple questions about the wii

Depends on where your Tv is in your room.

Because I'm an action junkie, I split my LCD into two screens and play bowling on one half and watch sport on the other half on the weekend. This is the best thing evar.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ideally i just wanna lie back in bed late at night and play a game without having to sit up, kneel, dance around etc.

i guess i'll get a 360 and get the wii later when i have my own place and can invite friends round.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i should have done. i bought the wii a few months ago and kept thinking "man i wish i bought the 360 first"
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Yeti,

A pretty big percentage of Wii games are mediocre or worse alone and are fantastic with friends. I currently have Warioware, Mario Party, and Rayman that are great fun with people over but get absolutely no play with people over. Wii sports is ok for a while alone, or to bust out if you haven't played it in some time but it gets old at some point.

For alone games, there still are some titles. Zelda is great. Metroid Prime, Manhunt, and RE4 have gotten good reviews though I haven't played them. I like playing Mario Strikers a lot by myself (there is online as well) but that game is right up my alley so I will get a lot more out of it than most. There may be some big example I'm not thinking of but I think that's about it.

As for the laying down, I play sitting (not standing) up basically all the time. The only time I stand are for Wii Sports, WarioWare and Rayman. Since I basically only play those with friends it's pretty rare. One thing that can be important for a number of games is having a line of site to the screen to use the aiming part of the remote. This should be ok if you mount the sensor above the screen.

I don't know a lot about the xbox as the Wii is the only next gen console I have but based on what I've read here and from a couple friends that's probably your best bet if you're not a huge fan of the wii control setup. By not a huge fan I don't mean if you don't like it but if you don't love it.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 AM

The Wii is such a great social tool. Don't buy it to play alone. That'd be a waste. Like buying a $100 bottle of wine to chug. What's the point?

Really though, sports/war titles aside, is any other console making many multiplayer games that are fun (in multiplayer mode)?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Wii is such a great social tool. Don't buy it to play alone. That'd be a waste. Like buying a $100 bottle of wine to chug. What's the point?

Really though, sports/war titles aside, is any other console making many multiplayer games that are fun (in multiplayer mode)?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the only reason i bought the wii. i don't like playing video games by myself. when i'm alone i like doing other things such as playing poker and masturbating. i do think i'll play through mario galaxy when it comes out though cuz i love mario games.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM

thanks for the replies guy, esp jared
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM

i bought my wii to make friends
Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 PM

I bought the wii because chicks dig it. Seriously. The wii makes the panties drop.

I actually had it set up so I could play in bed or in my room (sick Omnimount LCD arm wall mounted). I ended up playing in bed more than standing / sitting in a chair / any other position.

Mario Strikers is the only game that I really enjoy alone, however, I REALLY like it (except when that bitch ass Daisy starts cheating - [censored] her in her stupid [censored] ass).

I have a PS3 and the Wii gets WAY more play at this point.

That said, I agree with your assesment that a 360 should come first.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. I downloaded the MP3 preview movie thing a when it was first available. I subsequently bought Super Metroid on the virtual console. Now that I bought MP3, I deleted the preview movie channel. Rather than moving Super Metroid in to fill the void, it left a hole in my channel list. Is it possible to reorganize your channels or something so I don't have a blank spot in my channel list?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, hold a and b at the same time on the channel you want to drag into that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

my first page of channels is all full. it doesn't seem like i can reorganize because there are no empty spots, and i can't put one temporarily on the second page. anyone know if i can switch two of them around?

temporary fix i've thought of is deleting one of the vc games, reorganizing leaving the empty space for where i want to redownload the game to. but that seems like more of a hassle than it should be.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:36 PM

nm, if you drag it over the arrow pointing to the right it will scroll to the next page and you can store it over there.