Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 09-05-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 100/200 PLO on stars... do you get away from this?

Why can't he have KK and two other clubs?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM

He can, it's just a lot harder to make a FD with two cards than with four.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:18 PM

Ya, ok. But that would have explained the flopminraise as I said earlier. Topset+FD so he isn't really worried and wants to reopen the betting/deceive/get value/whatever.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Given your description of him (bluffing mostly at small pots), I'd lean toward a fold, but I would really, really hate it and would probably have to let the clock time me out because I wouldn't be able to hit the fold button.

I don't think that I have seen enough c/minraising (even minraising period) to know wtf it means. It really seems just so rarely done unless it's something stupid like quads where someone wants at least some value.

I've done it occasionally with big draws where I know I'm against a made hand and may have a slight EV edge but rather than repot and end up getting all-in on the flop, I can get more money in the pot while still being able to fold to a board-pairing turn card ( a somewhat nitty play and thus in his range if he's a bit scared money).

I've also done it when I have NFD and a set.

Both of these scenarios lean toward him either having a boat or some sort of low wrap with the NFD, which could have also spiked a 5 on the river. Adding that into the mix hurts our range against him.

His image made it lean towards a fold, the minraise made his range more heavily weighted towards set and hands that could also hold a 5, so I probably watch the clock scroll down to 0 and let it eat at my brain after I fold.

A call is by no means bad though.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM

I thought about it a little more and his play seems consistent with someone who is just so lost by the river that they just fire out the pot because they can't really represent any certain hand.

That is the main reason I don't think the call is bad. It looks like someone that has confused even themselves and doesn't really know what to do.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM

I'm not sure that I like the flop bet
Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That is the main reason I don't think the call is bad. It looks like someone that has confused even themselves and doesn't really know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was my reasoning here too. The main thing about his play that confused me here was that it is just such standard Omaha play to lead after you have raised (especially given the fact that the game has been tight and I have not been playing my usual LAG style) that a check having flopped a big hand doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't know if anyone else put him on this here, but one of the reasons that I called the river here was because I legitimately thought he might have AAxx in this spot. Realistically, it is a pretty bad bet with AAxx in this situation, a check-call would be much better, but his turn and river bets were very fast bets, so I thought that there was a chance that he was running on emotion and either put me on a missed draw in which case he takes down the pot either way, or put me on K4 or something or other where his bet looks like an over-bluff and gets a call from a busted earlier 2-pair. I don't know, obviously I was really confused at this point and just made a crying call at the end.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that I like the flop bet

[/ QUOTE ]

My flop bet?
Not betting my draw there gives me zero information about the hand. I don't want to have to call 2 big bets later in the hand because I turn a sucker str8 or low flush and he starts betting on the turn.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM

I fold pre, but as played I 3-bet the flop. I dunno what I do when he 4-bets the flop, about 50% of the time I fold and 50% I go all-in.

EDIT: with 150bb´s I fold to flop 4-bet. With 100bb´s I do 50/50.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was my reasoning here too. The main thing about his play that confused me here was that it is just such standard Omaha play to lead after you have raised (especially given the fact that the game has been tight and I have not been playing my usual LAG style) that a check having flopped a big hand doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't know if anyone else put him on this here, but one of the reasons that I called the river here was because I legitimately thought he might have AAxx in this spot. Realistically, it is a pretty bad bet with AAxx in this situation, a check-call would be much better, but his turn and river bets were very fast bets, so I thought that there was a chance that he was running on emotion and either put me on a missed draw in which case he takes down the pot either way, or put me on K4 or something or other where his bet looks like an over-bluff and gets a call from a busted earlier 2-pair. I don't know, obviously I was really confused at this point and just made a crying call at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

woohoo more evidence for my theory! complete donks instapot with a bluff, marginal thinking players instapot with the nuts

well, I say it supports my theory