Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2 JTs TP/big draw deep.

I agree that a flop call and then push over a bet on this turn might be good. The gutshot really helps.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM

i play the hand the same way so far...but i have to admit that I agree with a check here, you did ur job on the Flop to have a chance to see a free card and hit one of your outs for free and he obviously has AA or KK. This hand is so read dependent though.

For me, as stated above, my job has been done on the flop to induce a check here and get a free card on the river. If you respect his game enough to where he will fold a push with AA then thats up too you...most 1/2 players are not going to lay that down live. good hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 PM

do you think he likes you and thinks that you are a good player? A lot of times weird live players will take a liking to someone they view as good and they will not want to take their money because they would rather team up on the massive fish that seem to always fill live games. If this is the case he is obviously much more likely to be telling the truth and I would check back.

If he's just a trickster, I think it's likely that he wants you to check the turn. This could be a few things. He could have a flush draw himself, or something like AK that wants to see if he can hit a pair, or a big pair that is afraid of getting in a huge pot with you since you're tight. I like checking back on the turn since I don't trust many live players to fold big pairs even if I hadn't played a hand in 10 hours, and if he has one of those other hands then you are a pretty decent favourite and you can win a decent sized pot without it getting out of control.

anyway, preflop is standard, the flop I like calling much more than raising but I would be tempted to raise too so I understand why you did.