Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Poker Radio

I saw that someone started a thread called Poker Vids and I thought that there should be one about Poker Radio shows as well. Does anybody know of any poker radio shows other than Rounders Radio?

Lately Gary Wise has been hosting a show over there and it looks like he is getting some pretty decent guests to boot. I didn't hear the show myself but I heard that he had Barry Greenstein last week. Tonight Gary's site claims that they will have Jamie Gold and Mike Matusow.
http://roundersradio.com/betaplayer/wise-hand-poker.htm

Any way... anybody else got any suggestions on Poker Radio shows? Or perhaps if you listen to Gary's show and you want to comment on it, go for it here. I know I plan on listening this week and hopefuly they will also be takling callers.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Poker Radio

Espn has the podcast which goes every once in a while with Phil Gordon and guests.
Also another one is www.holdemradio.com which has hosts like Lou Kreiger, Susie Issacs (sp), Dr. Al (2+2 author fame), and tons of other shows.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Thanks sanmarcosrun1 I will have to check it out.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Pokerwire radio, rounders and ante up podcasts
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 AM

www.bigpoker.ca

/shameless self-promotion.

Tuco.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 AM

Go to pokerwire.com and listen to some of their archived shows. They are hilarious.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Thanks guys - good suggestions one and all.

I was a little disappointed to find out Gary's show was cancelled last night. I hope they reschedule the same guests.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:49 AM

Also Tom Schneider (WSOP POY 07) has a pretty good podcast called "beyond the table" I think. Search in iTunes and you can find it. The sound quality is sometimes annoying cause they record it using Skype and there's a guy on it with the most annoying voice ever, "kerrity" or something (seriously, his voice puts me on instatilt, which is saying something, I'm a sngicons member (beat) and I didn't think it got worse than that).

Bigpoker.ca is really good, I like the commentary on that a lot. It also seems to be pretty regular unlike most other poker podcasts I have listened to. It's probably tied with Pokerwire for my favourite podcast and then Schneider's one comes in 3rd.

Oh also I guess Scott Huff, formerly host of the Circuit, and the new host of pokerwire radio, joe stapleton, have an old podcast called "two jacks in the hole" they used to do. It is not ALL poker, but oh man it's awesome, well worth getting and listening to, again search itunes.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 AM

pokerwire and rounders are the only shows worth listening to imo. bluff and ante up make me want to simultaneously puke and punch myself...strange reaction i know docs cant explain it. when i went in to get the disorder checked out the doctors played phil gordens wsop pod cast to see how i would react. i killed two docs and a nurse after scratching off my left ear. i was facing life, but when the judge heard PG's pod cast he understood...the judge and i both could see the thick irony of a legal system that would let a creep like phil gorden walk around free while locking me up.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 AM

mr.bum - "puke and punch myself" - dude I would pay good money to see that!