Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 AM

Default ($109) AQward.

Villain is like 22/11 over 50 hands from previous tournaments. Comments on all streets appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t2990)
SB (t2680)
BB (t3830)
UTG (t6000)
UTG+1 (t3620)
MP1 (t2590)
MP2 (t2490)
CO (t2500)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t20, MP1 calls t20, MP2 calls t20, CO calls t20, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t140</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t120, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t120, MP2 calls t120, CO calls t120.

Flop: (t730) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t450</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls t450.

Turn: (t1630) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (t1630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets t1080</font>, Hero kills his neighbours cat?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: ($109) AQward.

I probably bet a bit more on the flop, like 550. I like your turn check. River.....well. JT beats you, KQ beats you, [censored] slow played set beats you. KTcc/KJcc/K9cc beats you and all you beat is a missed FD or the worst played QJ ever.

As much as a "they couild be bluffing there fore i call" station i am these days, i fold.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 AM

Yeah, I probably should have bet more on the flop, agreed. How are we acting if raised by a player who acts after us? How about if the last guy (Villain) raises? I assume we just have to get it in?

Ryan
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 AM

i'd make it more pf. bet a little more on flop like bond suggested, river i think is a turbo muck
Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd make it more pf. bet a little more on flop like bond suggested, river i think is a turbo muck

[/ QUOTE ]

We discussed this hand in #HSMTT and I said call. I have a few reasons but mainly like... what is he calling on the flop, but checking turn, and then betting river, that we're losing to? I find it hard to believe that a donk is calling something like QK or TJ on the flop and then not leading the turn. I also find it hard to believe he has 78 here (the only draw that came in that I'm afraid of really).

The reasons why he's like... never checking turn when his hand gets made is because there's now two flush draws on the board. Regardless of the fact that a heart draw makes no sense to us, a random isn't thinking of this, and when he hits his either top two or his nut straight on the turn he'd be like "ZOMG I HIT, ZOMG TWO FLUSH DRAWS, I HAVE TO BETS IT!"

I'm having a very, very hard time finding a realistic range for villain here that he plays with this line that's beating us, and even so, I don't think it's an often enough % of the time for us to fold.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 AM

I'd call here too. The only thing I see us losing to very often is KQ.

Edit: I think it's trickier, given pf, if we don't have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 AM

bluff shove the river he never has backdoor hearts and you have the key card
Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluff shove the river he never has backdoor hearts and you have the key card

[/ QUOTE ]

This may actually be superior to calling, because there are Ks in his range that beat you that he will like... always fold, so yeh, I actually like shoving here
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 AM

He's put in almost 2/3 of his stack by the river - he's not folding any made hand we don't beat and very rarely has one we do so why shove? OK, maybe we get him off a chop.

Edited for second thoughts.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's put in almost 2/3 of his stack by the river - he's not folding any made hand we don't beat and very rarely has one we do so why shove? OK, maybe we get him off a chop.

Edited for second thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of drunk maybe that's why I like a shove now, but what hands is he betting that we beat? I mean I guess it's a math problem on what he's betting here and what he's folding, obvi he's folding anything we beat so what's he folding that we're ahead of? I'm not sure, but I think most the things in his range that are beating us are weak Ks that would fold to a shove because people are weak nits and retarded.

It pretty much boils down to - is he calling a shove with a weak K? If yes, obvi shoving is bad, but otherwise shoving&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;calling without a doubt.

I don't know, I'm drunk and probably am not thinking straight, I'll come back to this when I'm sober, but I know I was sober at the time I said I'm calling (I believe I even said instacall in the IRC chat, and I still think that)