Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 100PLO: AAxx is costing me a fortune, flop decision.

I'm new to PLO, too, and i'm curious: does anybody limp this preflop? AAxy ds is a very good starting hand, but you're under the gun, raising will pretty much tell the other players what you have, and on the flop you'll have to fold quite often. So: is this raise standard?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 AM

you are either UTG or in the CO depending on your point of view - a good player will be raising a wide range of hands here so your AAxx is fairly well disguised.

at a table with 6 or more players then i would consider limping depending on how active i have been
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, are the numbers right or is there a mistake with the converter? I don't see how you can make it $66 and it's pretty important exactly how much is left on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think I made it $60. I adjusted the pot size on the flop to be correct, but didn't notice my bet size was off a bit.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to PLO, too, and i'm curious: does anybody limp this preflop? AAxy ds is a very good starting hand, but you're under the gun, raising will pretty much tell the other players what you have, and on the flop you'll have to fold quite often. So: is this raise standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise much more than AAxx.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise much more than AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really 4-betting with more than AA or occasionally AKK here? Or are you just talking about the initial raise. Because you really shouldn't be 4-betting anything else in this spot. With that said, I reraise double-suited aces in this spot 100% of the time.

On the flop, I'm going to go against the grain and say call this. BB would be checking a set here about 98% of the time and you're not in terrible shape against anything else. Button could have you beat, but most of the time, he'll just end up folding the flop and you'll be getting 2.3 to 1 on your money with about 40% equity. Taking this hand to showdown is just part of the variance ride of PLO.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM

The poster I was responding to asked about limping it. So, I was talking about my opening raise range which is much wider than AAxx at 6max.

But, no I'm only 4-betting AA hands because people are 3-betting very very tight at 200PLO.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:42 PM

1) i think we likely have to call the flop
2) i agree with the guythat said unless aginst super-idiots, 30-50% of our stack in pf while we have the betting lead, is not a very ideal situation. Tons of reverse implied odds. This is the main thing i look to exploit in villains, those that reraise me (typically oop) enough of their stack tat i can count on the rest going in on pretty much any flop.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 07-28-2007, 02:57 PM

30 percent is very different than 50 percent. And i think this is a fold both because we have another player behind us and the many draws out mean this push could be BB trying to protect his J9xx+. Since many ppl wouldnt cbet naked aces on this flop he might not want to let a free card roll of that kill his hand (if he just has top two more than half the deck is pretty ugly for his hand). Without a read or a better draw I usually let this one go, this spot is almost never significantly profitable (better than 50/50 in your favor) and often you are pretty big dog.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:19 PM

board: jc5s9c
Hand equity
Ah3hAd7d 28.16%
**** ..... 35.99%
**** ..... 35.85%

You're a significant dog to any 4 cards on this board... I think I could find a fold. Although with all the dead money it's not really clear cut.