Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: It\'s my gf\'s 21st, help me plan (in NYC)

Check out the TGI Friday's in Times Square. It's got like 3 floors, so it's pretty much the most authentic New York dinner you can have. Afterward she'll probably want desert. Now I know Friday's has that menu where you can get an appetizer, an entre and desert in a group, but don't do that. You'll just ruin her special day. What you want to do is hit up the M&M's store in Times square. Get her an M&M in every color, girls love that stuff.

Okay, so let's get to the good stuff, where to drink. Girls love consistency and most guys just don't get this. Going back to TGI Friday's would not only make the night perfectly symmetrical, but it is just right across the too! Good idea, right? WRONG. Although girls like consistency, they hate repetition; it's a real catch 22. What you want to do is head over to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It's still right in the neighborhood plus it'll add to the real New York experience. I really shouldn't be giving away all these secrets though, so I'm going to stop now.

Lol at all those people that said you shouldn't stay in midtown. Never trust anyone on the internet.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 PM

mak,

"my tentative plan for the day is to get a hotel in mid town (near her office on 57th and 7th or so)."

Hudson, obviously.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out the TGI Friday's in Times Square. It's got like 3 floors, so it's pretty much the most authentic New York dinner you can have. Afterward she'll probably want desert. Now I know Friday's has that menu where you can get an appetizer, an entre and desert in a group, but don't do that. You'll just ruin her special day. What you want to do is hit up the M&M's store in Times square. Get her an M&M in every color, girls love that stuff.

Okay, so let's get to the good stuff, where to drink. Girls love consistency and most guys just don't get this. Going back to TGI Friday's would not only make the night perfectly symmetrical, but it is just right across the too! Good idea, right? WRONG. Although girls like consistency, they hate repetition; it's a real catch 22. What you want to do is head over to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It's still right in the neighborhood plus it'll add to the real New York experience. I really shouldn't be giving away all these secrets though, so I'm going to stop now.

Lol at all those people that said you shouldn't stay in midtown. Never trust anyone on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree with everything here. Disregard my previous post. Midtown is def where it's at. There's an Olive Garden there, too, FYI.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM

Stay at Gramercy Park Hotel, i took my gf there and it was awesome, they have a really in/chic bar and then you can go other places later
Old 07-19-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stay at Gramercy Park Hotel, i took my gf there and it was awesome, they have a really in/chic bar and then you can go other places later

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good suggestion. That neighborhood is much nicer than Midtown. Lots of cool bars/restaurants in Murray Hill.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good suggestion. That neighborhood is much nicer than Midtown. Lots of cool bars/restaurants in Murray Hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's so cool it might be getting it's own sitcom.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Ew. Murray Hill - Manhattan's most prestigious neighborhood? That's a stretch. Unless prestige comes by way of vegetarian/kosher Indian food buffets. Rodeo pint-glass toxic Margaritas FTW.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 PM

"Oh, look! My favorite New York pizza place. I'm going to go get me a New York slice!"

Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mak,
Hudson, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not leveling here, right? this looks like the front runner hotel since i know she'll really like to be able to walk to work friday morning.

for restaurant, i guess the front runner is nobu or nobu fifty seven, any opinions? is there a difference between the two? i guess i need to call soon to try to get a reservation, will i not be able to get one a week in advance? i've been to the vegas nobu and thought it was awesome and she likes that type of food. it also seems like a decent option occasion wise - not too stuffy, conducive to having a couple drinks, etc...

for bar/lounge after i figure ill discuss with her older sister and a couple friends. pretty much would be open to go anywhere in the city since dinner will be close to the hotel. this is a plus for nobu since if we eat uptown it would probably be annoying to go out downtown and vice versa.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mak,
Hudson, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not leveling here, right? this looks like the front runner hotel since i know she'll really like to be able to walk to work friday morning.

for restaurant, i guess the front runner is nobu or nobu fifty seven, any opinions? is there a difference between the two? i guess i need to call soon to try to get a reservation, will i not be able to get one a week in advance? i've been to the vegas nobu and thought it was awesome and she likes that type of food. it also seems like a decent option occasion wise - not too stuffy, conducive to having a couple drinks, etc...

for bar/lounge after i figure ill discuss with her older sister and a couple friends. pretty much would be open to go anywhere in the city since dinner will be close to the hotel. this is a plus for nobu since if we eat uptown it would probably be annoying to go out downtown and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]
Refer to NYC sushi thread. Don't waste your money at Nobu. Go to Sushi Yasuda on 43rd and 3rd. You will never have better sushi in your life. Just don't expect to order items with names like "Dragon Roll" or Dynamite Roll." If you like real sushi: delicate, a la carte pieces, seasoned with the right amount of soy sauce, wasabi, sea salt, etc, you can't go wrong. It's without a doubt the best sushi I've ever had, and definitely the best (for it's price, which is not cheap but not Masa expensive) in NYC.