Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Foxwoods 2/5 tough AQ hand

This hand was very tough for me and I'd like to hear any opinions at all about any street. Effective stacks about ~$550.

A few limpers and I raise to $35 out of the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Two players call, on in EP and one in LP. I really have no read on these players but they strike me as reasonable but probably slightly loose. Neither has gotten out of line or even shown a hand down since I've been at the table.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet $60, they both call.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $100, only EP calls.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he sets me all in for my last ~$350.

Thoughts?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 2/5 tough AQ hand

I would fold now. I don't like your bet sizing on the earlier streets though. I probably go $110 on the flop then shove the turn.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Your bets sizing is definetly off. At the flop the pot was about 130 and you bet 60, I would like to see you bet 85-110. Your turn bet was the bigger mistake. Your pot was now 310, and you bet 100. I would push here any other sized bet leaves you with pennies left.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 PM

yeah, maybe I have the numbers wrong, because it seems like I bet way too small. But, you guys definitely think I should be betting the flop and turn 3/4 pot or so, right? And, as played the river is a fold, right? The thing that bothers me is that he knows I hate the river card. But is he bluffing often enough?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 PM

As played river is a fold. I think Hustler is a little off with the pot size, from what you said there should be 115 in the pot, I like a bet of 80. On the turn with both calling we would have about 435 left (or at least that's what the eff. stacks would be) and there is 355 in the pot. I don't think you need to shove, but it's definitely not bad. I would bet 250, even with the small flop bet, 250 is still a good size bet.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM

yeah, I agree that my betting made the hand much more difficult than it had to be (assuming I'm remembering the bet/pot sizes correctly).

I should have taken the proper time to figure out the sizes correctly and with a bigger flop bet, I could have pushed the turn when the blank came.

I suck at live NLHE.