Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: SICK HU Between Rugby and Farha!

[ QUOTE ]
Alaei,
Do you have much experience with Benyamine's shorthanded PLO game? How would they compare? I think most of the reasons you give for fearing sammy (any pot you play with him can be all in and if you're not willing to stack off lightly he will just bulldozer you) seem to be applicable to how Benyamine plays.

Knowing that Brian has played a significantly higher number of HU PLO hands than Sammy vs someone with a similar style (who many consider better) do you really think sammy's edge can be that great here? Especially with the nature of HU plo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played live PLO with Benyamine. I'll take Sammy's live PLO short handed experience over Brian's online short handed experience for this match anyday. It's a little different playing 3 tables of $40k stacks online and one table with $500k real money in front of you. Brian is playing on Sammy's turf. My understanding is Brian has played very little high stakes live, especially PLO. Like I said before, I think Brian should try to get the game to be straight NLH because being very aggressive and in control of every hand doesn't work as well in NL as it does in PLO, and that's exactly what Sammy will try to do. I think Sammy would rather play PLO but will give if Brian doesn't give first. Sammy is an action freak and no one else is willing to play this high with him.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:33 AM

"Sammy is an action freak and no one else is willing to play this high with him. "

thats an interesting point. i wonder how much negotiating brian has done. getting it to be nlhe only would be massively +ev for him.

" It's a little different playing 3 tables of $40k stacks online and one table with $500k real money in front of you."

its not 500k in cash but sb has def been 250k deep at 300-600 HU with benyamine and/or antonius. he has the deepstacked experience for sure. on the other hand, how deep (both bb and money wise) has sammy really gotten before?

i just cant get over the fact that brian has tens of thousands more hands of experience in similar settings (>200bb hu plo and nlhe) vs players who are both technically sound and completely fearless/bordering on reckless.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 AM

Surely live reads must play a big part?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what reads do you think sammy is going to pick up in omahahahaha?

"So you like your hand, eh?"
"I pot"
"I like my hand too, I pot."
"I pot."
"Pot."
"Pot."
"You shouldn't twitch like that Mr. Townsend. I can read your soul. You have a wrap. Let's flip a coin for 500k."

seriously.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what reads do you think sammy is going to pick up in omahahahaha?

"So you like your hand, eh?"
"I pot"
"I like my hand too, I pot."
"I pot."
"Pot."
"Pot."
"You shouldn't twitch like that Mr. Townsend. I can read your soul. You have a wrap. Let's flip a coin for 500k."

seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is surely a joke right?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:04 AM

all online players will tell you that live reads are insignicant
Old 06-06-2007, 05:13 AM

"all online players will tell you that live reads are insignicant "

its HU plo. pls explain what magic tells sammy could pick up that hand reading isnt.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all online players will tell you that live reads are insignicant

[/ QUOTE ]

But at the same time they all understand the importance of click tells and timing tells online.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"all online players will tell you that live reads are insignicant "

its HU plo. pls explain what magic tells sammy could pick up that hand reading isnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just things like how much Brian likes his hand in certain spots. Is he trying to checkraise, is he nervous, does he looks super confident etc.

They might not swing the result but they do favour Sammy.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:30 AM

It's not a certain physical tell that will give Sammy an edge. Most high stakes pro's dont put too much weight in physical tells because it's so easy to manipulate them and you just get yourself caught up in a he knows that i know that he knows problems. It's more about just being comfortable playing live with another person, with that much money in front of you. It's about not letting your heart race a million beats a minute when you bluff off 200k. Online there is no social pressure, people feel so confident, aggressive and strong behind the computer and can play great. If you don't have experience doing this live, it's a lot tougher. I can think of several great very aggressive online players I have played live with that really just sat there and played tight. Sammy has been in this spot many times before and is practically ammune to making big bluffs or having a lot of money at stake. This is where Sammy's edge comes in.