Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Default SYTYCD - betting venues?

What are my choices if I want to bet on "So You Think You Can Dance"? What types of bets and odds are provided by each site?

Let's make this thread valuable to all by distinguishing between U.S.-friendly sites and other sites.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: SYTYCD - betting venues?

BoDog currently offering a SYTYCD prop!

Will the winner be male (-130) or female (-110)? [50 max]

I like (and took) female, laying the 110. WHile I realize this is based on very limited information, I've seen enough to like a female to win this thing, at this point. Thinking back to the auditions, all of the "pros" that I could see winning were females. I can't think of one male who appeared good enough to go all the way. The first two females featured on the first audition show stood out, as did Benji's sister, and the smoking-hot 18 year old and her dance teacher. Ohhhhh, I almost forgot the ballroom dancer (brunette) that was pimped in all the commercials prior to the first episode (featured in the first audition show), that Nigel said "is sooooo sexy." She had a dance partner, who was also a pro, now that I think about it. I guess he has a shot, but I'll take her over him, and he's the only guy that comes to mind.

Anyone else like this bet? Like the other side? And who am I forgetting, as far as possible early frontrunners.....?

BoDog is our first official out for this, and based on how many Hell's Kitchen props they're offering, I'm optimistic that they'll be there for us all season for SYTYCD.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like (and took) female, laying the 110. WHile I realize this is based on very limited information, I've seen enough to like a female to win this thing, at this point. Thinking back to the auditions, all of the "pros" that I could see winning were females. I can't think of one male who appeared good enough to go all the way. The first two females featured on the first audition show stood out, as did Benji's sister, and the smoking-hot 18 year old and her dance teacher. Ohhhhh, I almost forgot the ballroom dancer (brunette) that was pimped in all the commercials prior to the first episode (featured in the first audition show), that Nigel said "is sooooo sexy." She had a dance partner, who was also a pro, now that I think about it. I guess he has a shot, but I'll take her over him, and he's the only guy that comes to mind.

Anyone else like this bet? Like the other side? And who am I forgetting, as far as possible early frontrunners.....?

BoDog is our first official out for this, and based on how many Hell's Kitchen props they're offering, I'm optimistic that they'll be there for us all season for SYTYCD.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh shiit. now i actually have to watch the sytycd shows that i have already tivo'd??

oh well, got nothing else to do this weekend. thx for the info!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh shiit. now i actually have to watch the sytycd shows that i have already tivo'd??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Yes, you do, Granny!! If I've got to come home on weeknights after work and sit through that crap with my girlfriend constantly trying to convince me that the guys prancing around the stage "aren't gay -- they're just good dancers," and that the female dancers I'm ogling at, "aren't very pretty," then you should have to at least watch the TIVO'd shows!

Seriously though, keep an eye out for the girls I mentioned, and any other possible front-runners, whether male or female. Oh, and "Sex" is back, with his outspoken mommy; he's a treat.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Yes, you do, Granny!! If I've got to come home on weeknights after work and sit through that crap with my girlfriend constantly trying to convince me that the guys prancing around the stage "aren't gay -- they're just good dancers," and that the female dancers I'm ogling at, "aren't very pretty," then you should have to at least watch the TIVO'd shows!

Seriously though, keep an eye out for the girls I mentioned, and any other possible front-runners, whether male or female. Oh, and "Sex" is back, with his outspoken mommy; he's a treat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never watched a second of this show in my life. i am now 3/4th of the way through the 2 hour thing, and i am addicted in a metrosexual meets ted bundy sort of way. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

how many shows have been on? all i had on tivo was this 2hr thing.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never watched a second of this show in my life. i am now 3/4th of the way through the 2 hour thing, and i am addicted in a metrosexual meets ted bundy sort of way. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

how many shows have been on? all i had on tivo was this 2hr thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear MetroBundy:

There have been three shows: two, two-hour shows and a one-hour show. Each is the same format -- auditions from 1 or 2 different cities, lucky ones go to Vegas.

JPT
Old 06-02-2007, 10:46 PM

You have only missed the auditions. Some were good and others were horrible. It is all similar to the AI format.

Next show is Vegas I think. I don't remember the exact number but there are something like 210 or so that made it to Vegas and they weed people out until there are only 20 remaining.

My first year watching. When they get down to 20 does the voting start?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have only missed the auditions. Some were good and others were horrible. It is all similar to the AI format.

Next show is Vegas I think. I don't remember the exact number but there are something like 210 or so that made it to Vegas and they weed people out until there are only 20 remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does (again similar to AI format). As one poster pointed out earlier in another thread, keep in mind that the elimination process is different than AI. The public votes, and the bottom 3 are determined thereby; on the elimination show, each of the bottom 3 "dances for their life," and based on that short performance (30 sec or so, IRCC), and whatever else they are feeling that evening, the judges then confer and collectively decide who goes home. I think this will make LLs and "who goes home" wagers more predictable -- consider Sanjaya's fate, had this been AI's format on elimination night.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does (again similar to AI format). As one poster pointed out earlier in another thread, keep in mind that the elimination process is different than AI. The public votes, and the bottom 3 are determined thereby; on the elimination show, each of the bottom 3 "dances for their life," and based on that short performance (30 sec or so, IRCC), and whatever else they are feeling that evening, the judges then confer and collectively decide who goes home. I think this will make LLs and "who goes home" wagers more predictable -- consider Sanjaya's fate, had this been AI's format on elimination night.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting elimination format. i like it!

glad to hear i only missed auditions. this may put me at a disadvantage tho. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anyhoo, dvr is now set properly.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's worth thinking about this for a few minutes.

The audience apparently has virtually no power on this show. The judges can protect a favorite almost indefinitely even if he gets no votes at all. It's also easy to get rid of a "Sanjaya" because there are a lot of fluctuations and sooner or later almost everyone has a bottom 3 appearance.

For example, except for Jordin and Melinda, every AI contestant had been bottom 3 at least once by the end of the week with 7 Idols.