Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Duke LaCrosse Team

Can someone explain to me how a liberal scumbag like John Feinstein thinks? Is it that some people just have zero shame or is it that their view of the world is so warped that they can't think straight?

I liked Feinstein before the Duke case and I absolutely loved his book, "A Good Walked Spoiled". However, his coverage, comments, and writing on the Duke case is simply appalling.

When the story first broke, he was like many of those who were quick to judge the players. To me, that is somewhat forgivable. However, his vitriol towards the team was way out of bounds. There were no facts to support anything at the start. All there was was an accusation of rape. Yet, he was calling for the player's heads. He was so sure there was a crime that he went after the player's for a wall of silence that hid the truth. Even before I had any thoughts on the Duke case I remember reading him and thinking, "whoa! where is that coming from?"

Now, the player's have been declared innocent. There is not a shred of evidence against them. So, does John Feinstein apologize? No, he continues his assault on the Duke players. I just listened to him attack the players on sports radio and I just read his Washington Post article attacking the players.

I genuinely don't get it? Is it really that hard to apologize? How does someone hate a group of people so much that they are simply devoid of logic, kindness, or restraint? Why does a paper like the Washington Post give him space to spew his hate towards a race and type of person (white and privileged)?

Could someone imagine the uproar if 3 black men had been falsely accused of a crime and put through hell by an evil prosecutor who was trying to falsely imprison them and then a bunch of journalists started writing articles how we shouldn't feel sorry for these black men because they were not nice guys because they were rowdy, drank beer, and hired strippers?

Also, there is a funny bit of irony in all this. This man insults the character of these 3 boys for drinking and rowdiness yet he admits to knowing full well that Imus was a racist but decided to appear on the show anyway because Imus helped sell his books.