Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you support and participate in a Food/Drink Forum?
Yes 29 69.05%
No 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Don Imus

Borodog give me a friggin break. Describing someone as nappyheaded is the same as saying they area black. Sure you can find an exception here or there but you're out of your mind if you think you can argue otherwise. What Imus said is that the Rutgers women's basketball team is comprised of a bunch of black prostitutes. Do you really need Jesse Jackson to tell you that this is racist?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM

Do you often have these sorts of difficulties with reading comprehension? When did I say Imus's comments weren't racist? Where, exactly, am I defending Imus? I think he should probably be fired. Do you often accuse people of racism because they say things in plain English that you are incapable of comprehending?

Give me a friggin break. Read more carefully before you shoot your mouth off and start flinging insults.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should Imus lose his job? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you defending Imus? Do you hate black people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why aren't you defending him? Do you hate non-black people? What he said was frickin tame compared to what black people "are allowed to say." There's the real racism here.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think approve of millionaire pop culture celebrities making fun of young women who didn't do anything to get in the public spotlight other than play basketball?

[/ QUOTE ]

Approval is not relevant.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog give me a friggin break. Describing someone as nappyheaded is the same as saying they area black. Sure you can find an exception here or there but you're out of your mind if you think you can argue otherwise. What Imus said is that the Rutgers women's basketball team is comprised of a bunch of black prostitutes. Do you really need Jesse Jackson to tell you that this is racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

So rappers are racists?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:04 PM

Borodog - Since Jackson and Sharpton are pretty much non-entities in this entire affair it struck me as odd that you would jump in with the non-sequitor about Sharpton when the OP in this thread seemed to be about poor Don Imus having his freedom of speech trampled. The OP pretty clearly has some racist feelings. I have to agree that my comments towards you certainly did, in an indirect way, imply you shared some those same racist sentiments and for this I apologize. Or should I apologize? Maybe you are a racist. I mean nowhere in this thread have you said you are not a racist. Maybe you think Imus should be fired for kowtowing to the liberal media and not for the comments re. the Rutgers women.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or should I apologize? Maybe you are a racist. I mean nowhere in this thread have you said you are not a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow
Old 04-10-2007, 06:11 PM

As a public figure, he has to know that saying something like that will get him into trouble. However, with 30 plus years experience in the business, I think that for this to cost him his job is over the top. He's just like Michael Richards, trying to sound cool/funny while failing miserably. Just in a less blatant way.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Apparently I always come down on the wrong side of these racial blowup issues, but how does lambasting a team for tatoos, etc. using the term "nappy-headed ho's" make him a racist? He could very well be an insensitive SOB (and probably is) -- but his show, as I understand it, is basically insult comedy. Of course he's going to be throwing out stuff like this -- I really don't see how this equates to the "racial superiority" accusations people start throwing around...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM

i love how every time somebody mentions sharpton or other civil rights activists everyone's like 'these guys are such attention whores, they will go off at the drop of a hat, their arguments are ridiculous,' etc. then nobody ever quotes the supposedly ridiculous things they say. nor do they ever give citations for the quotes/stories/anecdotes they spread about them.

also, LOL at 'black people are allowed to say bad things about whites. that's the REAL problem.' that has nothing to do with what's being discussed here. it's a tactic my elementary school kids use all the time when they get caught hitting somebody. "but he hit me yesterday and the teacher did nothing about it!" so [censored] what.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did Imus say? No, this is not a trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imus called the Rutgers women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hos."

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly does "nappy headed" mean?