Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you support and participate in a Food/Drink Forum?
Yes 29 69.05%
No 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Don Imus

What do you make of this guy? Personally, I, too, am sick and tired of all the political correctness and hyprocasy from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. Both are extortionists and certainly fuel the racial agenda, refusing to let it go. I have many black friends, but who is looking at color-they are my friends and they do not appreciate Sharpton or Jackson to continue to use them for their own poliltical and publicity agendas...these guys need to indeed look at the "racial slurs" coming from everywhere. But, then, America does have freedom of speech, even if it is offensive, right? Do we have this freedom for only one race, or all? Do we have this freedom to exploit others, as Jackson and Sharpton have done to their own race? Give it up, guys! Yes, Imus has consistently made fun of groups of people, no respector, as Mr. Roker has alluded to. Now, it is time for him to go? No, way! We live in America. Not another country where one cannot speak freely. You are stymying freedom of speech. It is not about YOU! It is about our freedoms. Free speech - however ugly it is - is a fundamental human right -- as you guys have expounded. Why the change in this situation? Don't watch Imus' show, as I don't but he has the right to say whatever he wants -- even if it is ugly. I don't see Mr. Jackson or Sharpton doing the good things that Imus does with sick kids? These guys are all about THEMSELVES -- they appear to be angry that they are black. Justleave the heck alone and your own prejudices to yourself, where they belong. But, then you have the freedom to express yourself, too, don't you? God bless America!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Don Imus

Every time Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton open their mouths to accuse someone else of racism my Ironometer(TM) blows out.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton open their mouths to accuse someone else of racism my Ironometer(TM) blows out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2007, 05:27 PM

What did Imus say? No, this is not a trap.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did Imus say? No, this is not a trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imus called the Rutgers women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hos."
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM

After the Rutgers women's basketball team lost the national championship, Imus said they were some tough looking chicks, made comments about their tatoos and cornrows and whatnot, and said something to the effect of, "Man, those are some nappy-headed hoes."
Old 04-10-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is amazing that Al Sharpton has become an avatar of tolerance and civility. Just to recap this man's career. He was a leading participant in that Tawana Brawley hoax. Sharpton was found guilty of slander in that case. He has referred to Jews as "diamond merchants" with "the blood of innocent babies on their hands."

Protesting a Jewish owned store in Harlem he said: "We're not going to stand idly by and let a Jewish person come into black Harlem and drive black people out of business. We're going to see that this cracker suffers." A few months later four of the store's employees were shot and the place was set afire.

Can someone please explain how a man with this history is sitting in judge of anyone on matters of tolerance?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Because the people he panders to are all racists themselves.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Give me a friggin break. Since when was this entire controversy about freedom of speech? Is Imus getting arrested? No. Is Imus being otherwise persecuted by the government? No. Is Imus a blowhard douchebag? Yes. Should Imus lose his job? Yes.

I can tell you one thing, if I started a blog or wrote a letter to the editor calling the Stanfor women's basketball team a bunch of whores there is very good chance I would lose my job. Why are you defending Imus? Do you hate black people? Do you think approve of millionaire pop culture celebrities making fun of young women who didn't do anything to get in the public spotlight other than play basketball?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone please explain how a man with this history is sitting in judge of anyone on matters of tolerance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's got a big mouth and makes a scene at the drop of a hat.