Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Iron Man promotions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cmyr – Using medals to purchase anything from the Iron Man Store doesn’t affect your MGR in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, that includes the cash options? I was under the impression that they would be deducted from my MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought either FTPDOUG/FTPSEAN said in a prior post if you selected one of the bonuses it would have the same impact on MGR as either a sign-up or reload bonus????

Sean can you please clarify...This has a GREAT impact on value of freeroll vs bonus medals(used to then buy a bonus)..
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 PM

bump for the FTP reps to respond
Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 AM

excuse the noob post, but what is MGR? Rake?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 AM

The MGR hit for the 4 person HU shootout for the winners of the tournament was gross. I couldn't really peg what it was exactly, but it was around $1k, which makes me think it was $1250, or each person's equity.

My MGR did not get dinged at all for the HU matches vs the pros.

I think it's very much worth it to go for the Freeroll, especially Gold or Iron, since there are less than 300 people playing and like 120 paid spots.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find it. Is it worth doing? What's better, freerolls or medal? Has anyone made money off of it? How does it affect MGR? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes, I have made money off it. I was last month's IronMan winner and made about $13k. Paul Sexton sucked out pretty horrifically for $5k, hence my location.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
excuse the noob post, but what is MGR? Rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I understand it. Suppose in a month you pay $1,000 in rake. If you are getting 27% rakeback, then you would get $270 back. However, suppose you get a $600 bonus from Full Tilt. Full Tilt calls this $600 MGR. Full Tilt minuses from your rake the amount of MGR paid out. Thus, Full Tilt considers you to have only paid $400 in rake ($1,000 minus $600). Now your 27% rakeback only equals $108.

Full Tilt considers all sorts of things to be MGR--freerolls, money transfer fees, Full Tilt Point purchases, etc. Frankly, it's hard for anyone to know how everything is affecting their MGR.

For example, even in this thread, the way Sean phrased something was a bit confusing:

[ QUOTE ]
* To calculate the amount deducted from your MGR for a freeroll or promotional tournament, first determine what your equity in the event is. Equity is derived (for the few people reading this and scratching their heads) by dividing the total prize pool by the total number of entrants. Once you have arrived at your equity, multiply by 27% to determine the actual dollar amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last sentence is confusing. I don't think you multiply by 27% to see how it affects your MGR (as stated above). I think the multiplying of 27% is only to see how it affects your actual rakeback.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding what MGR is. Can anyone clarify this for me?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 AM

jlkrusty, you've got the concept, but your terminology is off.

MGR = Monthly Gross Rake = what you call "your rake"

what you call "MGR" = the deductions from MGR

and so, MGR * .27 = rakeback
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find it. Is it worth doing? What's better, freerolls or medal? Has anyone made money off of it? How does it affect MGR? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes, I have made money off it. I was last month's IronMan winner and made about $13k. Paul Sexton sucked out pretty horrifically for $5k, hence my location.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the reply and congrats. I'd like to see the payouts on the freeroll tourney, I can't find that information specifically anyhwere. Do you remeber what it was? i.e., what did the 120th place get paid? 50th? final table?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the reply and congrats. I'd like to see the payouts on the freeroll tourney, I can't find that information specifically anyhwere. Do you remeber what it was? i.e., what did the 120th place get paid? 50th? final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know the payouts as well....I can't find them either.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM

do a search for my name cobrakai111 and you can see the freeroll im registered in and the iron payouts. I'm too lazy to type it up or screenshot it.