Old 06-07-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: I Don\'t Follow Baseball

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to hack

[/ QUOTE ]

He was 'Dead'.

Vincent:
[ QUOTE ]
I like this forum with it's modlessness. It's sports, no need for too much mod crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this, but I also think things were better when both nolanfan and I were assigned to this forum. Adding a new user mod to sports should only help, as I will only assign someone who I believe would use the same general 'less is more' approach that has been the standard in this forum for some time.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is against pretty much everything that a true fan believes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you get to decide what a "true fan" believes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am a fan, I do not base the players on my team's performance by their absolute stats, I base it on how I feel they are helping my team.

JOA has proved that he is a true stat guy, if a traditionally horrible player is on his team for a big contract, he would be against them even if they get "lucky" and have a great year. I would want a mod to appreciate every great season, and be able to understand why the fans are crazily inlove with a guy who has a "lucky" great season even though he sucks. I do not think JOA could do this, he has made a thread showing why "fanatics" cant be rational about their teams, and the definition of a fan or fanatic is that you are not rational.

I have to deal with bloggers of my favorite baseball team be unwilling to cheer for a guy whose career stats suck, I don't want a mod who wouldn't allow it.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am a fan, I do not base the players on my team's performance by their absolute stats, I base it on how I feel they are helping my team.

JOA has proved that he is a true stat guy, if a traditionally horrible player is on his team for a big contract, he would be against them even if they get "lucky" and have a great year. I would want a mod to appreciate every great season, and be able to understand why the fans are crazily inlove with a guy who has a "lucky" great season even though he sucks. I do not think JOA could do this, he has made a thread showing why "fanatics" cant be rational about their teams, and the definition of a fan or fanatic is that you are not rational.

I have to deal with bloggers of my favorite baseball team be unwilling to cheer for a guy whose career stats suck, I don't want a mod who wouldn't allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? If he was a mod, he'd just be in there to make sure people don't call each other bitch and pussy.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:28 AM

I like JoA and think he adds a ton to the forum knowledge-wise but I don't think he'd be a good mod. I don't exactly agree with Stat Boy's analaysis, whatever it is.

Haha - Hack was Dead? Why is that completely unsurprising?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? If he was a mod, he'd just be in there to make sure people don't call each other bitch and pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know, from what I have read he gets retardedly emotional about dumb fan issues. I think there are other guys who would make a good mod, but i don't want a condesending prick to be a mod and make users feel like they have to follow his opinion. COLA is great, and nolanfan was as well cause they do not post opinions as fact. JOA does.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since nolanfan left the world of 2+2 moderation, I've been reading quite a few more threads here in the sports forum. As many of you know, I've been somewhat active in the recent NBA threads. But I do read threads about other sports, and for the most part I feel that I have a good sense of the active members here. Unfortunately, many threads in the sports forum are about a game that has never really interested me: baseball

To me, this means the moderation in this forum just isn't as good as it could be, and I'd like to add a new mod. As a red, I have a few other responsibilities. This forum deserves a user mod who likes the one big sport that I am not at all interested in. If he or she also seems to post a lot about other sports, that's clearly a plus.

Which baseball poster(s) do you think would be a good sports forum mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a lot more important that the mod be a grownup than that he or she know a lot about sports.

scrub
Old 06-07-2006, 04:24 AM

If you need to maintain some sort of restrained behavior towards people who are wrong, then I am not your guy.

Otherwise, I'll throw my hat in there.

(I'm obviously not winning any popular votes if that's what you're basing your decision on. In that case, I think Jack of Arcades would be a good pick.)
Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 AM

I'm sorry, Stat Boy, but please don't pretend to know exactly how I feel.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see what any of that has to do with modding. Anyways, I figured he would be a good mod because he is always around, knows all the posters, probably feels a strong attachment to the Sports Forum and the 2+2 community as a whole and would therefore be interested in promoting respectful dialogue.

Anyways, I didn't realize there would be such petty animosity towards him for his perceived attituded towards "true fans." I withdraw the nomination.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:58 AM

How would JofA love of stats affect his modding?

JofA is on here all the time and while I disgree with some of his posts he does seem to have some homerism in him..Mavs etc.

What would the Mod need to do in the baseball threads that would make JofA or another regular poster no good? Its not like anyone knows what they are talking about in most of these threads...its a sports forum.
Closed Thread