Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Default billyjex wants his account back

Billyjex sent a very nice note under his new name (bigbabyjesus) asking for his billyjex account back.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I'm writing you to request that my previous username, billyjex, be unbanned and allowed to post again. I would like to apologize for being a trolling ass to you on many occasions and saying some uncalled for remarks about your religion (and others.)

I know those don't belong in a public forum like this, and I obviously got punished for it. Truth be told, I would like my old name to be unbanned to begin posting in MSNL and SSNL under it to help support my coaching services at 3-bet.net. Billyjex is a known name, bigbabyjesus is not.

I can promise you I will not post one out of line thing again. 99% of my posting will be in MSNL and SSNL, and I'm over the whole "piss people off on the internet" stage. I don't follow these forums nearly as much as I used too, but would like to have the more popular namesake for when I respond to strategy posts.

Just to clarify as well, I'm not going to be "spamming" my services or anything. I would just simply like for other posters to see my name more so when they look for a coach they will actually recognize the name.

Thanks for you time,

Billy.

[/ QUOTE ]

his history is basically he was a prejudiced troll [censored] in bbv all the while being a "good" msnl strategy poster (sound familiar?), but I think he was following yves'/others from msnl' lead on being an [censored]/giving me a hard time in bbv.

Here are his notes:

[ QUOTE ]
tempbanned for racist joke 02/19

requested self ban for a bit 3/7 - nation

'kill yourself' in bbv trhead...12 horu tempban. Then sent me a pm entitled 'hello hitler' telling me to 'calm the [censored] down'. Possible future [censored] disturber: take note. -3/16 -gw

tempban reset halfway through for posting under alternate account; he even had 'banned billyjex' in the location. Will drastically increase length if he does it again. -3/16 -gw

"so u floated complete [censored], then backdoored a flush, and decide to bet less than 1/2 pot (among other mistakes, though this one is the gayest and jewish of all)? WTF?" = 7 days - 5/24 adanthar

selfrequested ban for this comment:
"funny fact: please ban me because i hate jews and gays."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one is close (it has been quite a while since he was banned) but I am looking for input from other mods. (And "i partied with him on a boat he rox" doesn't really affect this decision). On the one hand, he was one of yves' lieutenants basically in terms of causing trouble; on the other hand, it's a pretty mature note and it's been a while.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: billyjex wants his account back

I think he's in the yves "I'm not actually racist, but I act like a tard on the Internet to get attention" group. that said I have no personal objection to unbanning him provided he's matured enough to be less dumb by now.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's in the yves "I'm not actually racist, but I act like a tard on the Internet to get attention" group. that said I have no personal objection to unbanning him provided he's matured enough to be less dumb by now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM

I doubt hes gonna cause any problems.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 PM

I kinda hate these "I want my account back because I was a retard and didn't think that there's some value to my reputation that I shouldn't have screwed up by trolling" requests. These are adults we're dealing with, and they should suffer the consequences of being idiots.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt hes gonna cause any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM

G,

"being a trolling ass to you on many occasions and saying some uncalled for remarks about your religion (and others.)"

"I would like my old name to be unbanned to begin posting in MSNL and SSNL under it to help support my coaching services at 3-bet.net."

How many times is this going to get repeated?

Do all sorts of BS, get banned repeatedly.

Decide that having a certain username is worth some money to you.

Write a PM asking forgiveness.

Get the username reinstated.

And people wonder why 2+2 is full of all manner of offensive posting. One contributing reason is because well-known posters post that crap, get banned repeatedly, then get reinstated. If 2+2 doesn't want that kind of stuff on the site, it's simple. When people post that crap, ban them and give them a warning that if it happens again the account is dead. And don't ever reinstate accounts. If people want to start over and participate on the forums as a productive member of the community, that's their choice.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM

I reluctantly agree that it looks like the days of forgiveness will have to be over.

Hopefully the escalating warning system of vb will make this transition easier.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 PM

gild,

diablo basically nails this.

i'm in the "no" camp on this. he did stuff wrong, repeatedly. then he got his account killed. that's the consequences.

he's now made several hundred posts on a new account, possibly without having the same problems. good for him and all, but that's hardly a reason he should get his old account, and any financial bonuses that would get for him, for that.

with that said, i know mat wants a much more lenient stance than either i or diablo, and responds much better to the "i've matured give me another chance" group. with that in mind, perhaps a type of punishment should be reserved for these people who so value their old posts: give them the account back, after a significant away time, and if they mess up again, their post history is removed.

i'm hoping that with the new software something like this could be done without the posts actually being deleted (and making 2p2 itself lose value). perhaps something where all the posts of the offender are switched to anonymous, but not deleted?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

cit,

"i'm hoping that with the new software something like this could be done without the posts actually being deleted"

I'm fairly certain one of the features of vB is that an admin (maybe a mod too, dunno) can turn a user's posts to invisible so only THEY can see them. Pretty slick, and that way you don't have to delete them.