Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: please move to microlimit ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2 - Absent some detailed info about his steal proclivities over a good sample, my initial reaction is that your hypotehtical range is ginormous for dudes whose overall stats are something like 25/20 (a lot depends on how much confidence we can place in these sorts of stats, obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

right after I clicked submit I thought that also at first: That my range for him was too wide for a 25/20 person. However my range makes total sense in that that range only ever applies when all EP and MP people fold first. And when you take that into consideration, then it's perfectly logical. And it's very close to what I'd pop in that spot, and I'm a 21/17 guy. Of course my range changes drastically when I'm not opening the hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - just strikes me as a large and strange CO opening range from the "average" 25/20 guy (especially if he appeared solid enough to be position and player-strength aware enough, as Kiddo commented). And frankly if I played for any length of time with anyone playing close to 21/17 over a decent sample and saw that person opening from the CO virtually any broadway, suited connectors < 10, and various suited one-gappers, I'd start to discount the validity of the stats against the player playing the account, the sobriety of the player in question, or my own sobriety; else I'd conclude something was seriously out of whack with someting that I couldn't yet identify.

[/ QUOTE ]