Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Review of the heads up play

[ QUOTE ]

Joe,

What do you think of DD's play? Also, did you tighten up a lot because of the huge rake at 2/4 or is this a decent representation of your HU game?

Cheers guys,

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

DD is a maniac, obv, but I can work w/my passive/aggressive style within his over-aggro to pull ahead in the long run, IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My HU game adjusts to the opponent but you make a valid point, you can see that we get clobbered at this limit by the rake.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 PM

Hey Willy,

I think this matchup shows why HU limit is really intriguing. We have very different styles but both are winning HU limit players. Joe really is that tight! I probably should have tightened up a little due to rake concerns but felt he was too tight and I could almost profitably raise blind on the button (since I'm raising like 75% anyway).

I definitely do not think I could beat Joe longterm at any rake level below maybe 10/20. That said, I think I can beat anyone I sit with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the responses guys.

I play a lot of HU and just kept wondering why you weren't attacking him more DD. If I were playing against a guy that was playing Joe's style I'd have been c/r'ing lots of flops with air.

I'm sure Joe would have adjusted to me but when I see guys that tight I feel quite fine pushing them out of that tight zone. Joe reads hands really well as evidenced throughout the video but I wonder how he'd do at reading hands if your hand range exploded...and it doesn't really take a lot to make your range 'seem to get really wide'.

Joe, you made a comment or two during the video about there being no reason to get out of line on paired boards and mb on another board too. This I definitely disagree with. If you're not playing back with absolute air at least some of the time you're going to have a tough time with a decent opponent who is doing so. It's just the maths of the game. You won't flop a pair or a draw often enough to get by with this unless you can straight up value town the hell out of your opponent when you do hit something. There's plenty of money on the HU table attacking your opponent without a showdownable hand since he'll not have a showdownable hand so often.

You guys are both smart players and I appreciate you posting the video. I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM

By the way guys, I make my comments about Joe's style hoping to learn something.

I just went over to the site and watched Joe's 30/60 6max sample video and am impressed at how different his style is.

Joe, are you super nitty about game selection? Do you know what your stats are? I'm really curious about what I perceive as your tightness now.

Cheers,
Bill

p.s. It'd be nice if I could get some RB deal on your site but I already have RB at most of the sites listed and I'm in the U.S.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 AM

"I'm going to lightly value bet this rive...I just got owned."

lol
Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm going to lightly value bet this rive...I just got owned."

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens to the best of us! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]