Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-10-2007, 04:48 PM

Default 300BB DEEP C/R on river. HU OBV.

Opponent is Pwnette_15 or something like that. Was sitting with +6 buyins ($660ish) when I sat so either ran hot or something before I got there. No past history between us. This hand is about 30-40 hands into our match. I flopped a flush with KK88 and stacked AA, most of the stacks went in pre and I got a great flop. Guy was pissin' and moaning all match as I kept building my stack. Theres been a fair amount of 3betting since we've been deep. Mostly on his part however. I caught one bluff before this hand where I flopped a straight, bet the flop, checked behind on the turn and called a strong river bet when board paired. Other than that, no bluffs I've caught. Been solid play from both of us. What do you do here?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($300.85)
BB ($460.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($18) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $16</font>, Hero calls $16.

Turn: ($50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $84</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 300BB DEEP C/R on river. HU OBV.

i dont know, but thats one ugly starting hand i usually open fold these - maybe if the ace was suited id play but fold to the reraise, what are you hoping to hit? small sets are often trouble and A9 is not connected at all and a 9-high flush or non nut straight are nothing to be proud of either
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM

...so you do what?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Betting less than half the pot with a straight out there seems stupid. You wont get action from kjxx but you really can not call. I would have bet the turn and folded to a raise.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Most definitely call. I've run into this same situation a couple times the last few days and Villian's thinking is, "he checked the scare card on the turn hoping to value bet river so I would fold, I'll make a decent reraise (w/ my 2 pr) and there's no way he'll call me b/c he has to respect the possibility of me having the straight." Call and get shown busted flush with a pr of K's or maybe KQ, KJ. I believe this is a spot where Villian would try exactly that.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:32 PM

I would fold, move on to the next hand, and feel fine about it.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM

Villian was sitting Up 6 buyins when you joined the table. He's either running sick hot or its a combination of running well and winning sizeable pots w/out going to showdown. He probably took this same line in similiar hands before you joined the table and won w/ it. He's upset "Guy was pissin' and moaning all match as I kept building my stack" and puts you on trying to steal this pot. I put him on busted flush because if he led into you on flop w/ the straight draw, why, why, would he check turn once he hits gin. Maybe if he has some str + flush combo he takes this line on the turn and he's a fkn genius. I think he believes you're stealing from him and his 6 buy in ego won't allow that to happen.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Raise flop, bet turn, call river.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Your line looks weak so I'd call. Villian might try to get you off missed hearts, and I don't see villian checking 2 streets with a straight all that often.