Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Week 4 Fantasy Bitch/Brag thread

Brag: Picked up culpepper off waivers Sunday evening, traded him straight up for McNabb this afternoon.

Variance: Was proposed by the other guy, making me wonder if he knew something I don't know.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Picked up culpepper off waivers Sunday evening, traded him straight up for McNabb this afternoon.

Variance: Was proposed by the other guy, making me wonder if he knew something I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't. The Raiders are finally a top 10 team on offense (or close to it) but thats because they are the best rushing team in the NFL (or close to it). So, they are going to be scoring some points, and he can vulture some goal-line QB sneaks and short passes, but he is going to be really hot-and-cold, in my opinion. He won't have a lot of 250+ yd games, so there is no buffer if its Rhodes pounding the ball in the endzone instead of him.

I have Culpepper on my bench but I'm not even considering starting him in place of Hasselbeck at this point, and Hasselbeck hasn't been exactly stellar. I will put him in when the matchups are really favorable or on SEA's bye week but thats about it.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM

But Kiffin has refused to say whether Culpepper is even the starter when/if McCown comes back...
Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Brag: I'm in 1st place in my league. Joseph Addai FTW.

Beat: I'm a San Diego sports fan. A Super Bowl or WS before I die, one time dealer.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Kiffin has refused to say whether Culpepper is even the starter when/if McCown comes back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is a seriously hilarious situation. Ignore the fact that its JOSH MCCOWN versus Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper was much better in the preseason, but thats just preseason. Kiffin kept saying Culpepper didn't know the system as well. Ok. Check out the DVOA rankings. Josh McCown is the worst QB in the NFL for his first three weeks, worse even than Tavaris Jackson. Somehow that isn't enough to get benched. Then Culpepper comes in and, while obviously not being responsible for very much of the offense, doesn't turn the ball over and the team scores 35 points. Why do you need to know the playbook to hand the ball off 40 times? I'm pretty sure 7 turnovers in 10 quarters, with this running game, is completely unacceptable. McCown must be one of those QBs who looks AMAZING in practice or something.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 PM

I had McNabb playing over Favre. My opponent plays Vernon Davis and Joe Horn and I still lose.

I had good WR performance but horrible RB (Gore and Marion Barber) and TE performance.