Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Play this differently ?

So some follow up questions:

When you're raising the turn, are you capping it ? If you're capping it and villain donks a safe river, are you only calling ?

If you're not capping the turn, are you also just calling the river ?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM

and nuturally this is when the board doesn't pair and the 4th flush doesn't come
Old 08-28-2007, 01:29 PM

Please tell me your secret on getting a river to blank. A 4-flush or board pair comes for me about 97.86% of the time.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me your secret on getting a river to blank. A 4-flush or board pair comes for me about 97.86% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

dodging something like 17 outs, so we're supposed to be ok 65% of the time. not to mention we don't have to dodge then all. If the spade is our problem, then the paired board isn't, ldo.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM

so you're saying he can't have the QQ or the TT with the Q or T of spades? because I'm pretty sure he can.

also I know what you are trying to say here, but if you are so sure of your play then you shouldn't have posted it up here. I did this once, and I tried to defend my play like crazy, and realized that I should just take advice from some really good veteran posters here.

if yourface and jba both say you should raise the turn, then you should probably raise the turn.

I would raise the turn, and if 3-bet I'm planning on capping a lot since a big portion of his 3-betting range is made hands that think you are semi-bluffing with a big spade.

if he donks into me on the river after I cap I'm just calling. Obviously bet if checked to on the river.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you're saying he can't have the QQ or the TT with the Q or T of spades? because I'm pretty sure he can.

also I know what you are trying to say here, but if you are so sure of your play then you shouldn't have posted it up here. I did this once, and I tried to defend my play like crazy, and realized that I should just take advice from some really good veteran posters here.

if yourface and jba both say you should raise the turn, then you should probably raise the turn.

I would raise the turn, and if 3-bet I'm planning on capping a lot since a big portion of his 3-betting range is made hands that think you are semi-bluffing with a big spade.

if he donks into me on the river after I cap I'm just calling. Obviously bet if checked to on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup good call, at work multitasking. So the 65% thing still applies.

And I'm sure that now 4 times I said I agree on raising the turn.