Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:42 AM

Default mutitabling vs. notetaking

I am playing PokerStars microlimits about 90% SNG and 10% cash. As I build a bankroll I will move up to higher limits. I have experiemented with both notetaking and multitabling and the two seem to me to be mutually exclusive. I sometimes 2-table SNG, and play cash up to 4 tables).

So which is more important? If I multitable I will build my bankroll faster. However, once I have good notes on enough players, that should help me win more as well.

Which is more important, or, if that's the wrong question, where is the balance?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: mutitabling vs. notetaking

note taking and multitabling should not be mutually exclusive. there are many times when multitabling when you try take make a note and the action is on you. learn how to come back to the note you wanted to make. e.g. , leave the players note box open, open the hand history and minimize it, use pencil and paper for a quick summary.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is more important, or, if that's the wrong question, where is the balance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should do some of both. Note taking will strengthen your powers of observation. However having notes at microNL is not a necessity since you can make considerable profits by playing ABC poker but you will need them as you move up. Create the habit of taking notes now and you will have part of a good foundation for your future game.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Sorry, also wanted to say that if you take notes and slowly add tables, you should be able to play 4 tables and still take notes. I agree with mattw that they are not mutually exclusive.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, also wanted to say that if you take notes and slowly add tables, you should be able to play 4 tables and still take notes. I agree with mattw that they are not mutually exclusive.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when someone like Scott Fischman in 12-tabling, does he still take notes? I still think that there must be a point (a pretty low number of tables for me right now) where you can't do both well.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM

the more tables I play the less notes I take LDO. I generally only note the really important stuff when Im at my personal max number of tables. I generally dont make notes when someone does something that is inline with their stats (eg a calling station calls!) but I will try and record moves that are unique or out of line.

if you find yourself not able to take any notes and your are always holding up action on tables then you are probably playing too many tables.