Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Illegal Alien

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, when the corporation gets fined do they just start depleating their kids education funds to pay the fine, or sell their SUV's and eat the cost that way? (no silly, they do not. They pass the cost on directly to the consumer...in this case that would be YOU).

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this country they tend not to do it, so there is no fine to pass on. I know this seems to be different from the climate in the US, but that is the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since they don't do it (assuming the immigrant labor would be cheaper) they pay higher salaries to the citizen workers, which they compensate for by charging higher prices than they would if they hired the illegals, which are still paid for by the consumer.

Acutally the beneift to businesses in this country are in the form of needing to provide insurance and vacation and holiday pay less often. I think it is very rare for compainies to acutally pay them less than minimum wage or less than their citizen co-workers.

If dunkin donuts, McDonalds, etc did not have the immigrants to hire they would need to pay more money to get high school students and college students and part time housewife workers. Those workers are less likely to work holidays without biotching and griping and calling in sick, they want saturday nights off, etc, etc so overall the costs of hiring them are higher. If we pay people to round up the immigrants and ship them out we are going to pay again to the businesses who will need to increase their employee's salaries because that cost will be passed on to us as well.

The immigrants work nights and weekends and holidays, and do so without complaining. These things save businesses money which translates into lower costs to consumers.

If the immigrants disappear those businesses will have to pay higher wages to get people to work weekends, etc and will be trapped into paying overtime at times when someone quits because they want Valentines day off so the manager is forced to work or pay another full time employee double time. The immigrants save business owners and managers a ton of headaches and keep prices to consumers lower.

We have millions of people here who are citizens collecting welfare in one form or another who turn their noses up at the idea of working at McDonalds. Meanwhile we have other people risking their lives crossing the dessert who are excited about the prospect of working that job. In fact they take 2 full time jobs in many instances. I know dozens of illegal immigrants and the vast majority of them work 60-80s hours a week and sometimes more. None of them biotch or complain about it. NONE of them.

Go down to the welfare office or social security office and talk to the people on the dole about getting a McDonalds job and see their reaction. We are paying for the housing, food, clothing, cigarettes, cable TV, etc for millions of americans and people are spouting off about others who cross the dessert to take the jobs those welfare people turn their noses up at. And people are angry about the immigrants. lol
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, when the corporation gets fined do they just start depleating their kids education funds to pay the fine, or sell their SUV's and eat the cost that way? (no silly, they do not. They pass the cost on directly to the consumer...in this case that would be YOU).

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this country they tend not to do it, so there is no fine to pass on. I know this seems to be different from the climate in the US, but that is the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since they don't do it (assuming the immigrant labor would be cheaper) they pay higher salaries to the citizen workers, which they compensate for by charging higher prices than they would if they hired the illegals, which are still paid for by the consumer.

Acutally the beneift to businesses in this country are in the form of needing to provide insurance and vacation and holiday pay less often. I think it is very rare for compainies to acutally pay them less than minimum wage or less than their citizen co-workers.

If dunkin donuts, McDonalds, etc did not have the immigrants to hire they would need to pay more money to get high school students and college students and part time housewife workers. Those workers are less likely to work holidays without biotching and griping and calling in sick, they want saturday nights off, etc, etc so overall the costs of hiring them are higher. If we pay people to round up the immigrants and ship them out we are going to pay again to the businesses who will need to increase their employee's salaries because that cost will be passed on to us as well.

The immigrants work nights and weekends and holidays, and do so without complaining. These things save businesses money which translates into lower costs to consumers.

If the immigrants disappear those businesses will have to pay higher wages to get people to work weekends, etc and will be trapped into paying overtime at times when someone quits because they want Valentines day off so the manager is forced to work or pay another full time employee double time. The immigrants save business owners and managers a ton of headaches and keep prices to consumers lower.

We have millions of people here who are citizens collecting welfare in one form or another who turn their noses up at the idea of working at McDonalds. Meanwhile we have other people risking their lives crossing the dessert who are excited about the prospect of working that job. In fact they take 2 full time jobs in many instances. I know dozens of illegal immigrants and the vast majority of them work 60-80s hours a week and sometimes more. None of them biotch or complain about it. NONE of them.

Go down to the welfare office or social security office and talk to the people on the dole about getting a McDonalds job and see their reaction. We are paying for the housing, food, clothing, cigarettes, cable TV, etc for millions of americans and people are spouting off about others who cross the dessert to take the jobs those welfare people turn their noses up at. And people are angry about the immigrants. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother never went to college he currently works at Mc Donalds in Las Vegas what your saying is he's on the same level as someone who has no RIGHT to be here.

I have no problem with someone trying to feed their children but there are rules and processes to follow.

I wish everyone was an american citizen but the FACT OF THE WORLD is they they are not.

Could america absorb 1 billion chinese if they just decided to ALL sneak into america ????

If they want to work in the U.S. let them follow the rules.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you would say something like that. Of course that is true. The alternative is to truly open all borders and then see how globalization really affect US citizens and other privileged countries, by means of breaking down artificial barriers.

Your view is so nationalistic and so narrow. I don't know in which way the US sees itself as a responsible world player by your interpretation. Of course I understand the position from a greedy and exploitative viewpoint.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 AM

[quoteGo down to the welfare office or social security office and talk to the people on the dole about getting a McDonalds job and see their reaction. We are paying for the housing, food, clothing, cigarettes, cable TV, etc for millions of americans and people are spouting off about others who cross the dessert to take the jobs those welfare people turn their noses up at. And people are angry about the immigrants. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think you'll find that the majority of us who are against lax enforcement of immigration laws are also against the fraud, waste and abuse of the welfare system.

And since when is collecting Social Security "on the dole"?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you would say something like that. Of course that is true. The alternative is to truly open all borders and then see how globalization really affect US citizens and other privileged countries, by means of breaking down artificial barriers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there are a large number of people on this forum that support that and BK is one of them.

I am as well. Just because someone was born within the same imaginary line as me doesn't mean I care about them more than someone born outside the line. I want the best people hired for each and every job available. If someone is better at something or willing to do it for cheaper I want that person to do it. It seems to me that people arguing against illegal immigration are afraid of competition. If you're worried about someone taking your job, you aren't doing a good job or you are doing a job that is easily copied. Be distinct or be extinct.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All illegals who are not paid cash pay taxes. Most of them make up a SS# so the government takes the money, never issues a refund, or SS payment and laughs all the way to the bank at you morans complaining about a "drain on the system"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does the majority of this forum NOT understand the word illegal.

If your hearts bleed fine but it's ILLEGAL anyone helping these people should be arrested for helping to break the law.

I'm proud of the town who just passed a law making it illegal for a landlord to rent to ILLEGAL aliens.

heh this is silly ILLEGAL.....

Deportation NOW

[/ QUOTE ]

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Not only that, but blocking immigration is about as completely unamerican as it gets.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Closed Thread