Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Mayweather/de la Hoya

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Floyd wins. Incredible. So few shots (and none was clear) and he still wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be crazy.
He hit DLH more - check Compubox
90% of his shots were very clear, unlike dlh.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Floyd wins. Incredible. So few shots (and none was clear) and he still wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be crazy.
He hit DLH more - check Compubox
90% of his shots were very clear, unlike dlh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to a few people that went to the fight and they all said that they thought dlh got cheated...apparently if you know nothing about boxing, you think that those fluries when he had pfb on the roped did a lot of damage or something. If this is what the general public thinks, this fight pretty much ends boxing because they think dlh got cheated.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this fight pretty much ends boxing

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this fight pretty much ends boxing

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%..... crazy amount of people at my local bar watching it and then they serve up that garbage.... as per oscar vs. floyd winning, so many of the rounds were so boring, they should have just gave them to oscar for being the aggressor. something that boxing should look at more closely.

floyd's shots hitting cleanly??? LOL, they wouldn't have broken an egg, for gosh sakes (and i'm a floyd fan, but that fight was just too boring)
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 AM

I am pretty sure most casual fans will never order ppv boxing again.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 AM

If anything, it proved once again that boxing is only tangentially related to actual fighting. Mayweather did a great job earning enough "points" to win, but I don't think he wants to run into a guy like Oscar in a dark alley.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sure. They said that after multiple Tyson comeback ripoff PPV's. This doesn't come close to that. How many PPV's have you paid for prior to this one? You sound very young. None of this is new for boxing, and in fact, if you read this thread the fight went down pretty close to expectation.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sure. They said that after multiple Tyson comeback ripoff PPV's. This doesn't come close to that. How many PPV's have you paid for prior to this one? You sound very young. None of this is new for boxing, and in fact, if you read this thread the fight went down pretty close to expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fight went just as everyone that knows boxing expected...not as the general public expected. This is the first ppv boxing event that I actually paid for, mainly because I had $5000 on it. If I didnt bet it, I sure wouldnt have ordered it. I know that personally, I order every ufc fight. It is straight up more entertaining. I just dont see many people my age, or people in general ordering boxing in the future simply because it is boring, and that cant be good for the sport.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anything, it proved once again that boxing is only tangentially related to actual fighting. Mayweather did a great job earning enough "points" to win, but I don't think he wants to run into a guy like Oscar in a dark alley.

[/ QUOTE ]

just like people should stop judging at mma thru boxing's eyes, conversely boxing should not be judged thru mma's criteria.

boxing has always portrayed their sport as an art/science, and should be judged as such. the intent of 12 distinct rounds w/per round scoring is to better reflect the boxer w/cleaner and more efficiently landed shots.

accumulating enough damage to ko/tko an opponent is the icing on the cake like performing fatalities on mortal kombat, but not really the intended purpose.

if boxing is judged on mma criterias such as aggression, damage, and willingness to finish the fight; there'd no places for the winky wrights of the world.

also ftr, people forget that flm is a monstrosity as 135, his peak weight class. it's when he moved up to the higher 147/154 weight divisions did he began to utilize the hit-and-run tactice and his opps start to disrespect his power. if he stayed at 135, he'd be pacquiaoing boxers left and right.