Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 04-21-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Beat: Old people at Bank of America hate me

Cliff notes: Teller takes a long time to help me, old people complain about waiting in line and call me a degenerate gambler, I console myself by thinking about how they'll be dead before long.

I just signed up for a rakeback account at an Absolute Poker skin yesterday so I went to the bank this afternoon to get a cashier's check to fund my new account with. The instruction said to write VegasPoker24-7 and my screenname in the notes on the cashier's check so I gave the teller a piece of paper with the address and those notes on it.

She entered some stuff on the computer for a couple of minutes and then she typed in the notes that I gave her. She said them really loud so that everyone in the bank could hear her: "VegasPoker24-7, Player: MmJuicyFruit." The bank didn't have enough tellers so by this point there were about ten customers waiting in line and most of them were a bunch of geezers.

Unfortunately the teller entered my screenname wrong into the computer and when she showed me the cashier's check I told her to please re-do it. She said this would take another 5 minutes and she could just write the correct screenname with a pen below the wrong one, but I'm sending them a fairly large amount of money and I don't trust a bunch of people at Absolute Poker who may or may not barely speak English not to [censored] things up, so I made her do it again anyway.

This whole conversation was overheard by the people in line and at this point some old cow piped up and said something like "Can you get some help please?" The teller said she was busy helping me and they didn't have any more tellers available, then the old lady piped up and said "He's wasting our time so he can gamble away his college money."

I ignored her because I don't care what other people think about me playing poker but I was kind of annoyed that the teller's mistake forced me to stay at the bank for 5 more minutes and listen to a bunch of annoying old people complain. Then I remembered that they'll be dead pretty soon and I felt much better.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Beat: Old people at Bank of America hate me

Talk to manager, she has no right to be saying that [censored]
Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 AM

tl; dr but old people hate everyone

ok i went back and read it and this is my reaction: [censored] old people no one cares about you why don't you just go die so i don't gotta pay your social security

Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I remembered that they'll be dead pretty soon and I felt much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 04-21-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk to manager, she has no right to be saying that [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]"Manager! Old lady hurt my feelings! Tell her to stop."?

Talk directly to the individual giving you the problem I think is more legit.