Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Iron Man promotions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do a search for my name cobrakai111 and you can see the freeroll im registered in and the iron payouts. I'm too lazy to type it up or screenshot it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks.

So there's 156 players reg'd right now:

1st 6000
2nd 3900
3rd 3000
4th 2250
5th 1650
6th 1350
7th 1050
8th 825
9th 525
10-18 375
19-45 225

[/ QUOTE ]

I won the Gold Freeroll. First paid $3600. The Iron freeroll was something like $5600, so it looks like they changed the payouts.

IIRC, making it just ITM for Gold is like $80.

This month I'm silver though =(.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC last month IRON had 244 entrants and paid down to 90

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold last month was 291 I think. Paid to 120... again, I think.

Btw, Ironman is worth it a lot more if you make Gold or Iron.

Silver and Bronze have a lot more players HOWEVER, less people show up for those. Gold and Iron, the majority of those that qualified will actually be there. In fact, when I won, I recall seeing maybe 1 or 2 AFK people and I'm pretty good at spotting them.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 PM

I'm surprised that $1250 is deducted from your MGR if you win an Iron Man freeroll and play in the 4-man shootout for $5k. Is that right Sean?

I understand it's a great deal, equity-wise, paying $337.50 for a 1 in 4 chance to win $5k. But it just seems like a sneaky way of reducing the cost for FT. Why not be upfront about it, make it a $4k tourney (or $3.648k if you really need the $337.50 from all 4 players) and charge the winner rather than the losers? I'd make the same argument about the Iron Man freerolls themselves...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been taking the extra medals instead of the freerolls, and exchanging the medals for tournament tokens. This is obviously more convenient, as I get to choose which tournaments I want to play & when, and (as I understand it, anyway) it doesn't affect my MGR at all. Unless there's an overlay in the tourney I play in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would seem to me that it wouldn't affect your MGR at all, regardless of whether or not there's an overlay in the tourney you played in. To hear FTPSean tell it, the tournament token you buy wouldn't affect it (because only buying FTP pts affects it). If that's the case, I don't see why it would matter what tourney you played in with it and/or how much the overlay was.

Is this correct, Sean?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem to me that it wouldn't affect your MGR at all, regardless of whether or not there's an overlay in the tourney you played in. To hear FTPSean tell it, the tournament token you buy wouldn't affect it (because only buying FTP pts affects it). If that's the case, I don't see why it would matter what tourney you played in with it and/or how much the overlay was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt deducts your share of the overlay for every guaranteed tournament you play in which the buy-ins don't cover the guarantee. That's as part of their standard operating procedures.

Not a huge deal as their tourneys rarely fail to meet the guarantees, and when they do each player's "share" of the overlay is usually only a few dollars. I was just saying that it could result in an MGR deduction. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 PM

oh ok, I didn't know that was a common practice of theirs. Though that's the least surprising news ever. So I suppose, then, that it could affect your MGR. Though, that would still be a function of the tourney you entered and not actually using the medals, but that's just arguing semantics I guess.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 AM

Everything in the Medals store is like this: doesn't hit MGR until you use it.

Tourney token only IF there is overlay in the one you play.
Points at $0.005 per WHEN you end up spending them in the regular store.
Bonus WHEN you clear it.

Etcetera.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that $1250 is deducted from your MGR if you win an Iron Man freeroll and play in the 4-man shootout for $5k. Is that right Sean?

I understand it's a great deal, equity-wise, paying $337.50 for a 1 in 4 chance to win $5k. But it just seems like a sneaky way of reducing the cost for FT. Why not be upfront about it, make it a $4k tourney (or $3.648k if you really need the $337.50 from all 4 players) <font color="red"> and charge the winner rather than the losers? </font> I'd make the same argument about the Iron Man freerolls themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

Charge the winner who might not even have MGR?
Like me?

If you don't like to play with 73% discount, then abstain.

ToT
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I understand it's a great deal, equity-wise, paying $337.50 for a 1 in 4 chance to win $5k. But it just seems like a sneaky way of reducing the cost for FT. Why not be upfront about it, make it a $4k tourney (or $3.648k if you really need the $337.50 from all 4 players) <font color="red"> and charge the winner rather than the losers? </font> I'd make the same argument about the Iron Man freerolls themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

Charge the winner who might not even have MGR?
Like me?

If you don't like to play with 73% discount, then abstain.

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]
I assumed that anyone who played enough hands at FT to qualify for Iron Man got rakeback or they'd be playing somewhere else. Sorry. It's an even better deal for you. But I still think they shouldn't hide costs of "freerolls" like that.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:34 AM

what is MGR?

I'm messing with the idea of playing over on Full-Tilt or PokerStars

Pretty new player that has lots of questions,