Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Foxwoods 2/5 A2o BB

My opponent is a regular, but I don't know his name. He's an older guy with whitish hair, has been playing at Foxwoods for years. His wife plays in the low limit games, like 2/4 hold em and 1-3 stud. She also has white hair and is genuinely pretty friendly. I'll get his name for this post next time I go, but right now it's slipped my mind.

I've only been at the table for an hour or so with him. He played pretty reasonably. Did a little bit of raising before the flop, continuation bet a couple of times (they folded on the flop), and did a little bit of limping.

The one huge hand he played prior to my hand: he raised with AA, got a bunch of callers and a loose player bet the flop into him for like $55. He made a huge $300+ raise all-in with AA on a 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop. The opponent thought for a while and called with 64 and busted him. In true traditional Foxwood-regular fashion, he then flung his cards towards the dealer and berated the loose player for about 5 minutes, saying "how do you play so bad and do so good?", amongst other things.

Effective stacks are $550. A bunch of limpers and I check my option in the BB with A2o.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets $40 out of the SB and I raise him to $125. Everyone else folds, he calls pretty quickly.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet $150, he raises to $300 with about $100 more behind. Now what?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 2/5 A2o BB

i think ur flop raise is pretty questionable. turn looks like a fold only because you bet so small, but i woulda bet like 200 and called a push.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 PM

I personally just shove him in- he could easily be tilted.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ur flop raise is pretty questionable. turn looks like a fold only because you bet so small, but i woulda bet like 200 and called a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about doing anything other than raising the flop. How would you have played it?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:34 PM

call and see what develops. how are you reacting to a 3-bet on the flop? he's leading in a limped pot into a bunch of limpers, he likes his hand. another advantage to calling imo is that on of the limpers might call behind with a weak ace, but fold to a a bet and a raise.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 PM

luckychewy,

I think this board is drawy enough to want to get the money in now while you rate to be ahead of most hands while extracting calls from many of them.

Much different if he had AK or similiar.

Just noticed there were "a bunch of limpers'. I think this may entice me even more. Dead money. Many more possibilities of getting called with worse. You show that much more strength in your hand.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 AM

just get all the money in. your hand is too strong now to fold with this much already invested.

i don't see how you could have played it much different.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 AM

See above....also, if you want to have a lot of fun. Play stud with his wife. She seems quiet, but has the mouth of a sailor.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See above....also, if you want to have a lot of fun. Play stud with his wife. She seems quiet, but has the mouth of a sailor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 3/6 with her at the Mohegan Sun years ago when I first started out. She loves to play very passively then get mad when they draw out. She was always friendly towards me. Years ago she hit a one-outer against me to make a one-card straight flush against my ace high flush, for some reason I've always remembered that hand, although it wasn't a huge pot or anything.

what's his name and how would you have played it against him?