Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 AM

Default Re: **Official Week 8 Fantasy Bitch/Brag Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of his team did nothing, its about tied and I have tons left, sure win

[/ QUOTE ]

It stayed about tied. I had Dillon and Delhomme. He had Watson. I lose.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:39 AM

My biggest opponent with LT, Eli, TO, Ward, Balt. D has a 44 point edge going into last night against the #3 team. Both teams are 1 game behind me and I already won. The #3 team is also good, he has A. Johnson, W. Parker, K. Winslow, L. Coles, P. Burress, etc.

Well he also has T. Brady and NE D going into last night. Needless to say we all know what happened. My buddy left at half time last night he was already disgusted. I honestly can't believe how bad the Vikings looked and how good Brady and the D looked.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:49 AM

Brag: Brady, Colston, Green, SJax all comin up big. NE Defense as well.
Bitch: Tatum Bell had 1 point.
Bitch: My opponent had the 2nd most points this week.
Brag: I had 1st. My team finally broke through with a good week and 150 points. WOO
Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 AM

Brag: I scored a whopping 127 points. Thank you, Brees, Tomlinson, Droughns, Andre Johnson, Alge Crumpler, and Morten Andersen.

Bitch: I lost. 128-127. GG, Titans D/ST. The worst part is that I thought I had uncovered a scoring error that would have given me the one point victory, but then I find out that in addition to everything else, the Titans blocked an extra point, as well.

Further pouring salt in the wound, it's a $100 league, and we get $50 for the high score in each of the last six weeks. This was the first week of that, so I lost out on that, too.

Fun, Jayson Stark-like trivia about this week in that league:

We had the two highest-scores in the league this week. The third-highest scores were two guys who each had 115 points. They played each other. The fifth-highest score was 106, and the sixth-highest score was 105. Yep, they played each other, too.

It's a 14-team league, and the scores of the four other games were 92-57, 78-48, 67-40, and 62-42. So my team actually scored more points in my game than BOTH teams in three other games did COMBINED, and still lost.

Weird stuff.

-McGee
Old 10-31-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest opponent with LT, Eli, TO, Ward, Balt. D has a 44 point edge going into last night against the #3 team. Both teams are 1 game behind me and I already won. The #3 team is also good, he has A. Johnson, W. Parker, K. Winslow, L. Coles, P. Burress, etc.

Well he also has T. Brady and NE D going into last night. Needless to say we all know what happened. My buddy left at half time last night he was already disgusted. I honestly can't believe how bad the Vikings looked and how good Brady and the D looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This also happened to me - I was up by 41 points (87-46). He won. And the sick part is, I still could've won had I not started Tatum Bell instead of DeShaun Foster.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Brag: Sitting at the Titans/Texans game bummed because I have Andre Johnson and opponent has Carr. Third quarter rolls around out goes Carr in comes Rosenfels who proceeds to toss a TD to Johnson. As soon as the play is over they are showing highlights on the Big Screen of Ahman and Vick scoring even more points for me.

Bitch: Arizona D
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM

a little late for a brag, but i gotta say something about my Wayne-Peyton connection hooking up for close to 30 points each in a 40 point win. i could complain about the rest of my wr's doing nothing, but why bother when i won by 40 points?