Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Easy laydown...right?

Game: Omaha Hi/Lo Limit, $0.50/$1.00

I'm SB with 7s 5h Kh 7c
No raises preflop so...
Flop comes Ts 7d 6d
I check then MP2 bets guy on the button reraises

What do you do?

IMO, that too scary of a board with one of the two already having a straight and the other has the flush draw. Not sure who has want but that my thought process. I folded.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Easy laydown...right?

this would be an easy lead out 4 me.....then reevaluate
Old 10-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Well, I should give a little more of my thought process.

My intentions were to check raise on the flop and then go from there on the turn depending on what card came off but with someone else reraising, I just felt like I would be doing nothing but playing dumbluck poker from that point on and would be facing a reraise every street. i usually do lead out but really trying to fine tune my game right now and not just bad calls hoping to get lucky...even though that is what online poker is all about...

call, pray then suckout...the motto of every online player
Old 10-07-2007, 05:37 PM

Does anyone else beleive this a fold pre flop? Since your in the hand, I call and hope for a board pair. Take a good look on the river and see if you can put the button on a straight or if he was just raising with a nut low draw.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Carolina Pirate. Too late.

When you make a mistake in a hand, it's very difficult to correct the mistake when the action gets back to you later. In my humble opinion, you made two mistakes.<ul type="square">1. One could make a very strong case for folding that trash before the flop. (Even when you catch a seven for your pair, you may not be in good shape).

2. But having caught a seven on the flop, you have to bet your set of sevens.[/list]But what now? I'd check-raise.

However, I can't fault your actual choice. (You folded).

Buzz
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 PM

I toss this in the SB 100% of the time. As played I think it's a pretty obvious fold with a possible flush draw, almost definite low draw, possible made straight and if not made has plenty of outs to make one you're really walking on eggshells. Really bad flop to be cold calling 2 bets, and I don't think 3 betting is a viable option; digging yourself deeper here is usually a bad idea.

I really feel strongly it is a mistake to call in the SB but as played I think leading out would've been the best course of action.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 PM

the real question you should be asking yourself here is, what type of flop do you think is profitable for K577 in O8, and how often will that occur. the 2nd question to ask yourself is how often will you flop a trap hand, lack draws to the nuts, and get sandwiched in -EV spots.

if you think there's some value in a pair of 7's in O8, then you are still holding on to too much of a Hold Em philosophy.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 AM

Exactly. When you hit 2nd set, and are having to fold; because there's very few cards you want to see, it suggest that the hand is total trash (multi-way no matter how attractive the pre-flop pot odds appear).

The best flop, is may be K97, now what turn card do you want to see? There's going to be a Lo or a str8 possibility, so unless you catch the case '7' you're never going to know where you are in the hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:53 PM

My opinion on this type of situation is you see these tough flop spots enough after calling/completing/whatever preflop, you eventually learn to back away preflop. Unless you look ahead to see the math as has been suggested in above posts, you're going to keep leaking.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 AM

great insight guys. i think the biggest leak in my game (and just about everyone else's) is SB play. Is it really that bad to see a flop in the sb with an unraised pot here? I would think so but maybe that's why I'm busto time and time again....