No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One day a week(month?) Pokerstars should say that they will be having a double VPP day. But dont tell anyone that day and then everyone will play a lot that whole week. Pokerstars will get a lot of rake and on the day after the double VPP day a lot of players will wake up to a nice surprise. eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, that would be brilliant. I doubt they do that tho

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on Stars, but this is actually a VERY good idea. Once a month, they run this promotion without notifying the players. The regulars will play more each day so they don't miss the opportunity. Seems like a great spot for Stars. I'm thinking about switching from Tilt to Stars in January when I get back from Europe and I would love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was thinking about this a little more and it truly is brilliant. The regs would play so much more everyday, or at least make sure not to miss a day, simply because they wouldnt want to miss out on that 2x bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this idea is AWESOME!

They just have to make sure the "possible time span" isn't too big. If they used "1 day this month" doubt it'd have anyone playing a ton extra. If they used 1 day this weekend it'd be GOOGOGOGO time BUT..doubt stars would like paying that much for a ton extra play 1 day...if they did like 2 days this week I think it'd strike a NICE balance.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

To throw my 2 cents in, the additional rake table is a terrible idea for me, and really anyone not trying hard to attain either the supernova or SE levels.

As others have stated, the happy hour idea makes plenty of sense so long as carefully targeted to the times when there are the fewest players playing.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

on the happy-hours stuff - Of course I would love it and would play a ton during those hours as much as I could. Kind of different than the freeroll time-commitment thing Scottyy but I don't have enough caffeine in me yet to try to figure out exactly why nor is it really that pressing that I girue it out anyway.
If Stars did this I think that would be great for a lot of the points grinders and I think you would get a lot of Silver and gold type players really cranking out the hours during these times too to get the extra points. Whether that would just be a matter of some of the players adjusting their schedules to play at 10a-12p when it's bonus-points instead of 2p-4p when it isn't I'm not sure. It might not really have any impact on the overall volume of play...just bring more people from one time-slot to another.
Even if the incentivee keeps people playing longer and more tables during that time when they would otherwise quit I do think right at the end of happy-hour you will see a zillion players all leave the tables at once and a lot of tables break. Stars really doesn't want that of course.

Overall I think the idea would be great for me personally. But I'm mostly neutral about it overall in that I don't know if begging Stars to just give us more stuff is going to make a difference anyway.

Not really sure how I feel about the 3x VPP increased-rake thing. Mostly neutral about this also and am not entirely certain whether it would be that good OR bad.
I do worry it could drain the players' funds faster.
One thing I do know is that it is NOT something that would only be attractive to SN's. There would be plenty of low-level players who would jump into these games in an attempt to reach Silver or Gold for the freerolls or whatever else. I think a lot of you guys underestimate how many lower-volume players actually care about getting to the next VIP level and really set goals of making it to Gold by the end of the month, etc.
Now whether the SN's would vastly outnumber the Golds more significantly on these tables I'm not sure. But the lower-volume players do care about points and VIP-ness also. Perhaps more than they should since they don't get THAT much.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I maintain Gold now with about 5-6k vpp/month. A Happy Hour would give me a reason to modify my schedule (possibly giving up my job) to Happy Hour my way to Supernova. There are probably a few thousand other Golds that think this way too.

I freakin' hate the increased rake idea. It'd only reliably push VPP up at 5/10 and higher... it's just not relevant at the levels most Golds play, 2/4 and 3/6.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 PM

if they take some thing to give us the bonus points at a secret time of the month or give us bonus points in off hours I am against this. You have to remember that players on poker stars are from all over the world and every time zone it is highly unfair to take some thing from all nova's then give some thing back that not all can obtain. Not every super nova plays 15 hours a day and some us actually have full time jobs (atleast for a little while). I personally think that ADDING the off peak time fpp bonus is great since I often play in that time and the tables suck durring this time but at the same time I agree with the poster above do not upset some and risk them leaving hte site. I like pokerstars becasue of the extreamly high number of player vs the other us based sites.
I do agree that some thing needs to be done to boost off time games above 200nl the pickings are slim.

Also I think that adding an actuall bonus for making super nova it's self would be great and encourage allot more players to play more.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Just want to throw my two cents in on the Stars VIP program. I don't like that Supernovas are grouped together in freerolls with Platinum. Many freerolls and other promotions are open to Platinum+. I'd much rather see freerolls and promotions that are exclusive to Supernovas with no satelliting into them for lower levels.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to throw my two cents in on the Stars VIP program. I don't like that Supernovas are grouped together in freerolls with Platinum. Many freerolls and other promotions are open to Platinum+. I'd much rather see freerolls and promotions that are exclusive to Supernovas with no satelliting into them for lower levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I agree with also if you guys keep the tourneys please make them supernova only. I played my butt of this year while having a family and full time job to make supernova please reward me as such
Old 11-02-2007, 06:19 AM

why dont u get deep nl tables for all limits
im sick of the short stackers at 1/2
Old 11-02-2007, 10:50 AM

"And that's even before you consider how many of us actually play the thing but would really rather not."

I work fulltime. I stopped playing these along time ago. I felt like I had to be at work every Saturday at 2pm or whatever time it is now.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why dont u get deep nl tables for all limits
im sick of the short stackers at 1/2

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they tried this at full tilt and it didnt have much success (i dont play there, just think i read it somewhere)
Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Question for Scotty

Totally off the subject, but do you know how much the total value of all the pots on PokerStars is in a single week/month? How much is gambled in a week?

----------Kitty