Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

i think you are judging these hot girls your friends hang out with innacurately. Hot girls are interested in themselves? get outa here!(sarcasm) Hot girls are often just as insecure and crave fun social interactions as the next girl but get aproached constantly by guys with no game so they have to reject the few that are weak right from the start. Don't feel bad their just rejecting your technique. You just have to break through the mold to bring that fun person out. Don't assume hot girls are bitchy plz.

Picking up girls at bars or coffee shops or whatever is NOT sleazy. What's sleazy is going to a bar, sitting down with your friends and staring at all the hot girls in your chair from a distance and never approaching. Use the 3second rule. Approaching women and groups in general in public settings is so much fun, especially if you already have some social skills. Even if you mess up, there are PLENTY of other women and also you have a new story you can tell.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[blah blah blah] Don't assume hot girls are bitchy plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? is this a carry over from the previous thread? or maybe i just missed where this was said

your post seems really random
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM

James Boston,
I'm 20 years old

AtriusX,
Having something to invite girls to is a good point. Thanks.

Henry17,
I agree that Montreal should be the easiest place ever.

Your run-of-the-mill blonde who is studying interior design or fashion and is a big fan of caroline rhea makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a fork. I am attracted to girls who are intelligent, have things to say, and have a lot of character. Girls that are a little quirky/weird are my favorites, as long as it's not a forced, over-the-top thing that I see in a lot of "scene" girls.

I generally stay away from clubs (not my thing). If you know downtown montreal, the places I've gone to most often are Saint Sulpice (place with big terrace on St-Denis), some places on St-Laurent, and some spots on Crescent (particularly Brutopia, gogo live music).

DerrtySlime,
I am not saying the girls are attracted to my friends. I am saying my friends are into them, and I don't want to cramp their [censored], you know? I'm actually quite a bit better at getting girls than my friends are once I have an excuse to talk to them.

And it's the dishonesty of forcing a conversation with a girl I don't know when I clearly have ulterior motives that doesn't sit well with me.

Do any of you guys have a specific example of how you've picked up a girl that you could share with me? Or just an example of a conversation you've started with some random girls you don't know?

When I'm very drunk I sometimes just walk up to girls and say "Hi, I'm Max" and I'm not sure how well that works because I'm always too drunk to have a clue (but it's definitely started conversations before). I don't think I can do that comfortably when I'm sober enough to run a little charm.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM

FWIW i think girls get a kick out of my success at poker...you shouldnt be ashamed to tell them about something cool you like to do. a lot of girls will find you more interesting than the typical guy.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM

Hi, i'm____" is fine. just dont be drunk when you approach.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM

I spend a lot of time in MTL. We don't have the same taste in women so not sure if I can help. My normal suggestions would have been Time, Myst, Bonna Notte etc but you don't like clubs. Maybe Mansion or Wonderbar?

There are a lot of girls who are "a little quirky/weird" in the EDM scene. Not sure is that is your thing.

I find sarcasm doesn't work with French girls. Even if they speak decent English they don't seem to follow sarcasm.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM

I don't have much to add right now except saint sulpice and brutopia are both awesome and were regular hangouts when I lived in montreal.

For the most parts girls were really friendly, really approachable, and really easy in that city. Especially if you're student age or close to it.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:43 PM

MTL has at least two nightlife chat sites. Normally 80-90% of the people on these sites are complete losers but that leaves 10-20% of people who you can meet and increase your social network.

I don't remember the names of the sites but google will probably get you there.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Approaching random girls is probably the scariest thing ever. Your heart starts pumping like crazy because you don't know what's going to happen. But as a guy, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've always thought girls are going to be mean but they're quite nice when it comes to rejection haha.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Simple question for you guys. I met a girl at a bar the other night. I'm incredibly drunk, probably hovering around being blacked out, and start hitting it off with this girl towards the end of the night. We leave the bar together in search of food. Eventually she gives me a ride home and we make out for a little while in front of my house. The problem is I inputed her number in my phone and dialed it rather than entering it as a new address with her name. When I woke up on Sunday, blank, I realize I have no clue what her name is. From what I remember she seems worth calling and trying to hang out with her again.

Note: Her voice mail doesn't contain her name.

What's the best line here? Call and explain I forgot her name? Other?