Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Hmmmmmm (30/60 razz)

I don't know what we gain by reraising 3rd. We have a complete and a call, so I would assume we are at best slightly ahead of either opponent. With the 6 showing and not being real live, we may not have the best hand. Having A2 rather than 45 is only a very slight advantage, assuming the cards are equally live. You have to assume the 9 will fold to the reraise. Also, with a 6 showing, you narrow your range to exactly two wheel cards, and probably atleast one 2 or 5.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 1 is awesome at razz and we are all here to earn from him.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM

I like the raise on third, before the awesome player realizes his hand is crap. Pure value.

Fourth is a pain in the balls. If you knew you were in second place, okay, but here you're pretty sure you're in last place. Given the live one, once you call one bet, I guess you can call the other two. It sucks though.

Fifth looks ugly, but getting 11:1 and with so many live cards to catch (3,4,5,7,8, and what the hell, 9), you're about a 2:1 favorite to improve, and if you do, you'll have half the stub to catch on the river.

Six came down about as good as possible. Easy call.

The river sucks, but it's one bet into a big pot, so I call.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise on third, before the awesome player realizes his hand is crap. Pure value.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think there is a decent chance the 9 will limp/call multiple bets, then the reraise on 3rd is great. However, usually, you just force the 9 to play correctly.

I don't really think the reraise is bad, but I prefer to flat call, particularly since the reraise puts your hand face up, almost to the exact hole cards.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 AM

If the guy has an ace in the hole 100% of the time, it looks like you are even money on 5th to fold or call. If he ever has, say, a three instead of an ace, you have to fold. Right?

There has been so much thoughtful discussion amongst the micro stakers lately, it's been great. I hope we get to hear some of your thoughts on this hand. The suspense is killing me!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 AM

The best thing about this hand is that seat 1 is on another forum posting about the fish who called him down with a jack.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy has an ace in the hole 100% of the time, it looks like you are even money on 5th to fold or call. If he ever has, say, a three instead of an ace, you have to fold. Right?

There has been so much thoughtful discussion amongst the micro stakers lately, it's been great. I hope we get to hear some of your thoughts on this hand. The suspense is killing me!

[/ QUOTE ]
Is "the guy" seat 1? I don't know how much rationality we can assign to seat 1's play, but he should pretty much never have an ace in the hole. I don't think he bets out drawing dead. Seat 1 almost always has two wheel cards other than an ace in the hole.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ]Is "the guy" seat 1? I don't know how much rationality we can assign to seat 1's play, but he should pretty much never have an ace in the hole. I don't think he bets out drawing dead. Seat 1 almost always has two wheel cards other than an ace in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is seat 1 drawing dead even with a split pair of aces? He isn't on 5th, nor on 6th, and may have caught on the river. As for the "rationality" of his play, most fish have some logic to their actions however misguided it may be. Once in a while you come across a complete spew monkey and then you just have to make a reasonable hand and show it down. Seat 1 strikes me as an "A2 is drawing to the nuts" type of fish and thus OP's play was "reasonable".
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is "the guy" seat 1? I don't know how much rationality we can assign to seat 1's play, but he should pretty much never have an ace in the hole. I don't think he bets out drawing dead. Seat 1 almost always has two wheel cards other than an ace in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is seat 1 drawing dead even with a split pair of aces? He isn't on 5th, nor on 6th, and may have caught on the river. As for the "rationality" of his play, most fish have some logic to their actions however misguided it may be. Once in a while you come across a complete spew monkey and then you just have to make a reasonable hand and show it down. Seat 1 strikes me as an "A2 is drawing to the nuts" type of fish and thus OP's play was "reasonable".

[/ QUOTE ]

No, OP is the Omaha/8 player overplaying A2. I would assign some rationality to seat 1's play and assume he does not have an ace, based on his action on 5th street. He would be in terrible shape with Ax97A, even if not technically drawing dead.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we know or strongly suspect that seat 1 has two non-ace wheel cards in the hole, then we should fold this hand on 5th. Isn't that a given? Since we didn't fold this hand on 5th, we must put seat 1 on exactly A 8- in the hole, or what?

I don't really get it. It looks like either a joke hand, or a bad call down to me -- but then the only thing I've ever done at 30/60 is give away my hard earned money, so what do I know?