Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Repost: Hollywood Park ePoker Room Shut Down

Since it doesn't look like our posts from Sunday are ever coming back I'll post this again and maybe we can get the same discussion going.

As of this week the epoker room at HP has closed. 2 of the tables are being moved to the main floor but from what I gather the floor staff of the epoker room has been reassigned.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Repost: Hollywood Park ePoker Room Shut Down

Wow, I never did get to play. I think I remember last year this being posted and a few people thinking it was the end of live poker as we knew it, lol. I guess there is a reason some live players don't play online.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I never did get to play. I think I remember last year this being posted and a few people thinking it was the end of live poker as we knew it, lol. I guess there is a reason some live players don't play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read the OP. He never said they were getting rid of the tables, they are closing the room.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM

Too bad. It was always fun walking by the ones that were turned off or out of order with degenerates sleeping and drooling all over them.

Actually, I did try them out and they weren't terrible, but I would not have been happy if they were really the future of poker. I like the feel of cards in my hands and the sound of stacking chips far too much. No substitute for that stimuli.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read the OP. He never said they were getting rid of the tables, they are closing the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Very funny TT. Do you keep copies of your posts? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad. It was always fun walking by the ones that were turned off or out of order with degenerates sleeping and drooling all over them.

Actually, I did try them out and they weren't terrible, but I would not have been happy if they were really the future of poker. I like the feel of cards in my hands and the sound of stacking chips far too much. No substitute for that stimuli.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a while I didn't miss the cards or chips. At first I brought a stack to play around with but they just got in the way.

The game wasn't bad but you really had to be able to tune out the old timers who thought nothing about having a conversation across the table that would go on forever.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how the 2 tables will fare out in the main room. It gets pretty crowded in there on weekends and without a dedicated floor staff to run the tables it will be hard to attract new players. The regular floor will probably not want to hang around and teach noobs how to use the table and I can see how players would get frustrated every time their game slows to a crawl as someone new joins.

My guess is that they will use it more for the low limit O8 games.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Very funny TT. Do you keep copies of your posts? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not hard, we keep getting the same responses!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 PM

If you were to play a rather serious game, like 10/20 with $10k behind, would you be indifferent on whether it's traditional or epoker? I never tried epoker but I am instinctively averse to it and I wouldn't consider it unless I'm guranteed to played with the most moronic fools in town.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not hard, we keep getting the same responses!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we need the post that got you to reply about being disappointed that more of the B&M regulars don't post more in the strategy forums. My reply to that was Monday just before the board went back in time.