Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I like to play small cards, because there are more of them and it's easier to hit the flop"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he is right about there being more of the babys.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's irrelevant since you don't have more of the babies - it's not easier to hit the flop.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM

To be fair, and I just guessing here, it is possilbe that these bonus hands always get capped, with aggresive betting on the flop.

So at that point the player is looking at $12 into a $108 + $50 - drop pot, giving him odds of under 13 to 1 (13.2 to 1 pre-drop) against 9 other players in lousy position. And if he as something like 2,7 he needs to flop 2 pair or better to even stay in.

Far from the worst move ever.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM

Having played in a limit splashed pot or two - not so much on the jamming. Most people are content to be in calldown mode.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 PM

I'm in tears from laughing so hard.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM

I played a hand yesterday that went like this:

6 or more players in the pot for a flop of KT4 rainbow. I am holding KQo in the SB and didn't raise pf (probably should have but whatever).

I check and the guy on my left bets. At least 3 people call him and I check raise (I was hoping to check raise a late position better, but hey, you can't win them all). Everyone calls. The guy on my left is a drooling idiot stuck 600 in a 6/12 game.

The turn is a 3 of the fourth suite for:

KT43r

I bet out, and only the drooling idiot calls me. River pairs the ten. I bet out, and the drooling idiot calls again. MHIG.

The guy on the other end of the table (who paid 2 bets on the flop) proceeds to announce to the whole table "wow, played that hand like it was the nuts...just one pair...check raise....board paired, he didn't care, just kept betting". Then he shakes his head and has a quieter talk with the guy next to him about how I'm an idiot. The drooling idiot agrees with them, and pretty soon I can just tell the whole table is raring to come after me.

It was pretty funny.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand yesterday that went like this:

6 or more players in the pot for a flop of KT4 rainbow. I am holding KQo in the SB and didn't raise pf (probably should have but whatever).

I check and the guy on my left bets. At least 3 people call him and I check raise (I was hoping to check raise a late position better, but hey, you can't win them all). Everyone calls. The guy on my left is a drooling idiot stuck 600 in a 6/12 game.

The turn is a 3 of the fourth suite for:

KT43r

I bet out, and only the drooling idiot calls me. River pairs the ten. I bet out, and the drooling idiot calls again. MHIG.

The guy on the other end of the table (who paid 2 bets on the flop) proceeds to announce to the whole table "wow, played that hand like it was the nuts...just one pair...check raise....board paired, he didn't care, just kept betting". Then he shakes his head and has a quieter talk with the guy next to him about how I'm an idiot. The drooling idiot agrees with them, and pretty soon I can just tell the whole table is raring to come after me.

It was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when the table thinks I'm retarded and wants to come after me. It is fun time.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 PM

from my favorite donkey (I play with him at least once a weak at 2/3):
"I play all suited cards, no matter what the raise is."
-against a flop that was three diamonds, he went all in with 10d 2c and got beat by AdKd, and said "I am so unlucky I didn't hit my flush there"

-after calling an absolute rock with bottom pair bottom kicker to a set of aces "how come everytime I get a pair someone has me out kicked?"
-after going all in on the turn with a J 10 4 2 rainbow with Q 5 suited "I have to push there I have two straight draws and a flush draw!"

I love that little nut.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Here's a new one...

At the Bellagio 4/8 game this week:

"I never bet the river unless I have the nuts."

Said by the guy to his neighbor, later cracking my KK with J5s.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 AM

Heard this gem tonight:
Playing 1/2 NL CASH GAME:
Some guy loses all but $32 of his stack in a pot. Two hands later a player brings it in for $10. The short stack goes all in for $32 and ends up getting called by the original raiser. Original raiser shows AK, shortstacker shows 87o. He says, "I really needed to double up. I have to make that play in my situation so I can double up."
I asked the player next to me what tournament we were playing in.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:05 AM

Yay, my favourite 2p2 thread has been bumped again.
Playing 2/3 last week i was able to convince the entire table that i folded TT on a T 7 6 after the other guy flipped over 89 because "I had a read", I looked at the guy and told him "I read your soul mate". The whole table is just sitting like in awe, for like a full 2 minutes they're like 'no way did that happen'.