Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Default What yields you the most profit?

I have been a MTT player for some time now but after losing most of my roll I have decided to grind cash games. For awhile I was playing two tables $25 NL very LAG making descent money around $20-50 for 2 hours of work. I planned on doing this daily to atleast cover my rent and some bills so I could save my paychecks from my job for a house. Recently after playing ultra lag I got a comment from what I thought was a very Tight player who told me I should try playing more tables tightly because he plays 12 tables of $25 and makes roughly $200/day for 5 hours of work. (Hence his tight image) I started with 5 tables and tried taming my aggressiveness down a bit and ended up making over $100 in my first hour not to mention all the additional FTP's you get.

So my question is since I'm experimenting with my game does anyone have any advice on what they think is the most profitable when it comes to grinding micro cash games?

Eventually I want to move up in stakes and cut down on the amount of tables but multitabeling low stakes is pretty much auto pilot easy it seems.

Any good advice would be much appreciated.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: What yields you the most profit?

set mining
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM

Not slowplaying monsters.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM

I wouldn't assume that your great success over 7 hours of "LAG" play is indicative of your longterm prospects for making regular income at $25 NL. That style is high variance, and may or may not be long-term profitable for you.

My guess is that this guy...

[ QUOTE ]
... very Tight player who told me I should try playing more tables tightly because he plays 12 tables of $25 and makes roughly $200/day for 5 hours of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

... just wants you on more of his tables so he can take your money. He probably perceives your LAG style + short-term success as long-term easy money for him if he puts you on his buddy list.

There is no question that you can make some regular money if you play well, especially if you include rake back deals. But I doubt "ultra LAG" or even "LAG" will be as long-term successful as a generally tighter approach at NL $25.
Good luck.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Is this you?

Hyper LAG strategy
Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Maybe there is some misinterpretation from my post. I have a lot more experience playing 2 table lag far more than 7 hours worth Probably around 30000-40000 hands at $25 since my roll is low, and very few losing sessions playing Lag I use PTracker and search for players that have yielded me the most profit. I was just asking if tightening up and playing more tables yields long-term profit?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM

No but I believe lag is definately the way to go way too much scared money out there.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM

To be most profitable, I believe you play at what stakes are comfortable. If you play too many tables at low stakes, you are going to lose profit. If you play to high, then you will be loss adverse and play bad. Just make sure your bankroll (and mind) can handle a long downswing, or your game will really suffer.

I am an aspirng TAG and feel that MTT 50NL is working well for me. Once I concentrated on making good poker plays, and not making money, my BB/100 went up.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:16 PM

moving up to chase losses
Old 10-31-2007, 04:16 PM

30,000 - 40,000 hands is a pretty wide range for someone that pays a lot of attention to their PT stats.