View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Decided I need an adventure so I'm going to buy a ticket to thailand in a week or so and just go KKF style with no plans. Great thread, it's going be interesting to see where I end up.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the approximate monthly cost to live well off in Thailand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine ever spending more than 4k a month on the most absolute baller lifestyle imaginable. Thats like penthouse apartment in Bangkok with a redic view, going out every night to the best clubs, live in maid etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

does this include having a baller car? is it possible to get the same baller cars as the usa or at least an older version and do they cost more cus of taxes? ie: not like a rolls, but more like a bmw 7 series, merc S class, etc

also, how do you avoid all the trannies? some of them look so convincing, do they only stay in certain parts of town, and if u got naked with one that has surgery, would u be able to tell before u stuck it in?
thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine ever spending more than 4k a month on the most absolute baller lifestyle imaginable. Thats like penthouse apartment in Bangkok with a redic view, going out every night to the best clubs, live in maid etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

does this include having a baller car? is it possible to get the same baller cars as the usa or at least an older version and do they cost more cus of taxes? ie: not like a rolls, but more like a bmw 7 series, merc S class, etc

also, how do you avoid all the trannies? some of them look so convincing, do they only stay in certain parts of town, and if u got naked with one that has surgery, would u be able to tell before u stuck it in?
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to drive in BKK. Google pictures to see how insane it is.

Most ladyboys I encountered are not trying to pass as anything but transgendered people. They are not going around trying to scheme straight guys into sleeping with them under false pretenses. They are what they are in Thailand, more like a 3rd sex than female.

KJS
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a online diary some photog keeps and it has a 7 part photo tour of his month long trip to Thailand.

http://www.ikeepadiary.com/diary/200...ame_index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that looks really cool. For those that have gone on the jungle treks in Chiang Mai: those bugs are scaring the living [censored] out of me (theres a big mosquito type looking thing and a huge [censored] spider). Should I avoid the treks? I really want to go on one to meet people plus it looks cool, but I don't want to encounter any bugs that are going to make me scream like a little girl.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I understand, cars are really expensive in Thailand. I suggest you visit bkk and see the traffic before deciding if you want a car or not. Or drive around Boston at rush hour and imagine it being twice as crazy. I think it would be really hard to adjust to the free-for-all coming from the US where everyone generally obeys traffic signals, stays in their lane, etc. Maybe if you wanted to be really baller, you could pay a taxi driver his average daily rate to be your personal driver.

Some people think that ladyboys' entire goal in life is to suck some straight guy's [censored] without him knowing. Even if this was a common desire, I'm sure they realize the serious risk of an ass kicking in this situation. 98% of ladyboys are really easy to spot after you've been here a little while. Some warning signs:
*They're tall. Many begin taking hormones during adolescence (you can walk into a pharmacy and get them) and this supposedly causes increased growth. Also guys tend to be taller then girls.
*Big hands/shoulders
*Deep voice
*They look like they're going to the prom. Hair and makeup perfect, nails expertly done, super-stylish clothes. Real Thai girls still try to look good, but they're more laid-back about it.
*They're really aggressive.
*Big [censored]. C'mon, this is Asia.
Generally just look at the face and if anything looks, off, move on. Lack of an adam's apple is meaningless because it can be removed for a couple hundred bucks.

If you go to a gogo bar or beer bar, you can be pretty sure everyone is a biological female. Most will have one ladyboy, but they're usually obvious to spot. Ladyboys are usually found in ladyboy bars (duh) and as streetwalkers/freelancers.

I've had a lot of girls joke that they were ladyboys once we were in the bedroom (with clothes still on). Not funny! This is like me saying "Whoa, I hope I didn't infect you with AIDS." Have other people had this experience?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 AM

"I've had a lot of girls joke that they were ladyboys once we were in the bedroom (with clothes still on). Not funny! This is like me saying "Whoa, I hope I didn't infect you with AIDS." Have other people had this experience? "

lol certainly not
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm on pace to spend well more then 4k a month currently
Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM

also i'm in bangkok tonight if anyone wants to hang out i got nothing to do. no phone, my email is clambunny@gmail.com just leave a number and i am going to check a couple more times tonight.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:19 AM

I'll be in Thailand (rookie) in 6th of June. Wee!

I want to take a taximeter from the Suvarnaphumi Airport to 88 Sukhumvit 24. Should I take the expressway? How much does it cost and how much faster is it? I'm spending only 1 day in Bangkok so speed is everything.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be in Thailand (rookie) in 6th of June. Wee!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I'll be the fat angry white guy.
Closed Thread