Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Live 6/12: A4s from the BB

Here is in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5-6 players limp in and hero checks. Players are a motley mix, but seem a bit less "calling station" like than usual. Also, this many limps was pretty rare; most hands had been 3 to 5 way, not 6 to 8.

Flop comes:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks and Hero bets (??? - should I just check here and see what goes down?). Everyone folds except one guy in middle position, who thought for about 10 seconds while deciding to call. He looked pained. An excellent result I reckon, given the dubious nature of my decision to bet.

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

With only one opponent remaining, I opt to bet, based on the fact that he would not have tanked for so long on the flop call if he held a 3 (also a 3 is pretty unlikely, as he's not an idiot....he'd need to have either pocket 3s or A3) Again he thinks pretty hard and again he calls.

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero ???. I'm pretty sure he didn't just make a club flush, because why would he have been in such pain calling those bets before?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Live 6/12: A4s from the BB

I'm torn on the flop bet. I dont' think I make that bet into 5 or 6 players. Maybe let it check around.

As played I love the turn bet. I expect you to take it down there the vast majority of the time.

Maybe b/f on the river? I don't think that he'll call with a 5 or like 77 if he wouldn't raise the flop with those hands.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 AM

I would not have bet the flop with that many opponents, but with only one opponent on the turn I would bet again too. I would be inclined to bet/fold the river, unless you know this player would not have called the turn without a strong hand.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 AM

I like every street, including the flop bet on such a baby flop. On the river, I think it's pretty close among b/f, c/c, and c/f.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM

check
He'll probably give you a free showdown if he has a better hand that isn't a straight.

I think you probably have to call a bet though unless you have a read though, because his range should be pretty damned polarized (monsters or bluffs)if he fires at you
Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 PM

It depends on the line up, but I'd consider betting out here too for value. Obviously you'll get callers, but if you can knock out a few you're in better shape. Also, in most of those games you won't be raised given the coordinated flop, unless they themselves hit that flop in which case you might be able to get away from the hand on the turn.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 PM

I am in the bet/fold the river camp...because it is close... and whenever it is close I bet, and I'm stunned by what they call with. This assumes you can safely fold to a raise, which is pretty safe against most 6/12 opponents.

Edit: Oh, and I probably would have checked the flop and reevaluated when action returned to me. Mandatory turn bet given flop action, though--especially given the "have-to-think-so-hard-before-I-call" tell on the flop.