Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Potential 2+2 Books: Short-handed NLHE, Heads-up NLHE, and PLO

Mason made an interesting annoucement in this month's Two Plus Two Internet Magazine:

As for books, in addition to the two Harrington on Cash Game volumes and the second book in the Professional No-Limit Hold 'em series which all should be released in the first few months of 2008, we are in discussions concerning another no-limit hold 'em book that would include much material on short-handed play, a no-limit book for heads-up play, and a pot-limit Omaha book. But notice I said "we are in discussions." Nothing here is guaranteed, but we are looking into it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Potential 2+2 Books: Short-handed NLHE, Heads-up NLHE, and PLO

ah sounds great, thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 03:09 AM

so the HU book and the short handed book are the same book or different ones they're discussing?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 AM

I think it is clear that it is one short handed no limit book and a head up no limit book that are going to be produced seperately.

I am hoping that that all three titles are good enough to be released with very little editing. or at that minimum one editing/rewriting period.

I am drooling at the prospects of what I can learn..
short handed no limit, that will help me start to be good at the six handed tables at full tilt in time.
and help me along with my sit and go book (if it ever get shipped by amazon) help me with getting short handed in my sit an goes.(which I only play for play chips right now).

the no limit heads up book will help me with my sit and goes as well plus when I go heads up in a regular game when it goes to the turn?.

the pot limit book on omaha I personally believe is a much needed addition to the two plus two libary of much needed subjects that havent been covered.
in fact all these subjects are.

I am looking forward to the pot limit book for i expect if it comes to fruitation, that some leaks in my game will be plugged up and i wont be going from 30000 to 3 million and back down over night

the only thing i can think of, is , if these books are not written by a well known poker player we will invariably hear the people from the pot limit, no limit forums asking why mason didn't bump the book off their minds to see if they see it as a good book or not as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
the pot limit book on omaha I personally believe is a much needed addition to the two plus two libary of much needed subjects that havent been covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

that is retarded, why... even though i am shorthanded and heads up expert in NLHE (and have played PLO regularly up to 200/400), and have even already written a book on this exact topic... i was rejected as a prospect for writing this 2+2 book?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that is retarded, why... even though i am shorthanded and heads up expert in NLHE (and have played PLO regularly up to 200/400), and have even already written a book on this exact topic... i was rejected as a prospect for writing this 2+2 book?

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny,

Nothing says you cannot submit your manuscript to Mason. He may refuse to read it but it can't hurt. The Sit N' Go book by Colin Moshman hit #1 on Amazon's poker list and was a blind submission to 2+2.

Mason, Danny/theBruiser500/fatgirl_lover is a known high-stakes no-limit poster. I have not read his manuscript, but Jay states it's good and he is a known HSNL poster whom I respect.

Matt
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 AM

I am very curious about this since, IMO, the PLO and HU-NLHE books would have difficulty finding an audience.

All recent 2+2 releases addressed games popular with the "masses" [NL Tourneys (Harrington), NL Cash, SnGs, Limit shorthand, etc]. No matter how good, I doubt a PLO or HU-NLHE book could approach recent 2+2 sales.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 AM

It will be very difficult to write an effective plo book because even the basics of starting hands are difficult to explain. jt86 ss may out play kkq4 ss versus the ranges of some players, but no book would tell people that jt86 ss is a higher ranked hand. Additionally, a fair amount of PLO involves saying well both players got it in correctly here. A book on PLO will spend much less time on bet sizing for the obvious reasons.

I will not mind seeing a PLO book out on the market, but the truth is that people who play PLO a lot will not buy the book because no book can answer the question, Should I fold middle set here?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Danny!

2+2 is in the position at this stage where Mason has the freedom of requiring manuscripts to be submitted in order to be considered for publication. I think thats a fair trade off considering the royalty that he pays is higher than industry standards; he tends to protect the author financially. Send him your manuscript, you have nothing to loose except a little bit of pride if your manuscript is rejected or a whole lot of pride if its accepted and he requires a rewrite. Good luck mate, it would be bizarrely poetic if Mason accepts your submission.