Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-19-2007, 03:55 AM

Default flop decision

i think preflop is a fold for BB but ignore that please. just interested in his flop play. SB structure is 2/3.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is a 28/20/2 good TAG in the hijack.
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>..

what should BB do with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? no read on SB.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: flop decision

I think it is easy fold.

Dave
Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 AM

Seems like it should be a fold.

Could be a raise depending upon BB's view of Hero as a raiser, but considering hero will rarely just release to a raise, the cost of fighting over the pot will be vary high.

Plus almost every card in the deck is going to make j8o worse.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 AM

oh and simply because i don't want to sound like a giant toolbag calling myself "good," the hijack/hero in this hand is not me.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 AM

I dont like raising at all. The TAG cant profitably peel here with much and if he can, raising probably wont fold him out. The more I think about it, the more I like folding due to bad RIO.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:37 AM

I think SB's bet is most likely either a flopped monster, or a flush draw possibly with a pair. I get the feeling this isn't red Jx much.

I think it's between call and reevaluate or fold. I would've called but looking at the others comments and then running a rough likely inaccurate stove, folding might be best.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think SB's bet is most likely either a flopped monster, or a flush draw possibly with a pair. I get the feeling this isn't red Jx much.

I think it's between call and reevaluate or fold. I would've called but looking at the others comments and then running a rough likely inaccurate stove, folding might be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF fold? I never fold in that spot. Flop donk is marginal made hands and flush draws more often than a monster.

I dont raise either BTW. Call and reevaluate. Raising most safe turns
Old 07-19-2007, 05:23 AM

raise

are you doing this for a student?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF fold? I never fold in that spot. Flop donk is marginal made hands and flush draws more often than a monster.

I dont raise either BTW. Call and reevaluate. Raising most safe turns

[/ QUOTE ]

I never do either, I guess the other posts influenced me, plus running a stove without really discounting monsters, I agree too many donks don't donk their monsters.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM

May be a fold but it's not really an easy one. If you continue, I'm not really sure. If the PFR is good and is unpaired and without a flush draw he basically has to be mucking. It would definitely be a coup to raise and get him off A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and have the SB show up with red A6, but I just feel like this is too big of a parlay. That is, almost always SB a) already has you beat or b) a club will win it for him, so raising might not be best.

The thing with calling is that if the PFR also calls, wth do you do on the turn. He could easily be waiting with a overpair without a flush draw or FSD raise red tens (because that's just what people do these days) and you're in a weird spot.

Tough hand.