Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: never play at pokeravenue usa

The poker sites are charged a fee when you deposit, that's the fee they are trying to recoup. I don't know if it's 12% normally, but I believe it is pretty hefty...and you have to figure a small site is not going to get a very good rate.

Not having it in the T&C's is shady, I will agree with that. That being said, this isn't unusual...UltimateBet is famous for denying cashouts without enough play, and I don't believe it's in their T&C's either, or at least I it wasn't in the past AFAIK.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:51 PM

why is prop players bad?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is prop players bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not bad, Original Poster is recieving flak from some posters because as per the agreement he madewhen becoming being a prop player you are not allowed to disclose that you are a prop player for the site.

Here is the agreement I had when I became a prop player at
PokerAvenue USA

I never played on the site and never will so I am not breaking the contract (it doesn't really mater anyway, nothing they can do to me anyways since I wont play there)
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your interest in our prop program. If you are new to propping, read our FAQ at

**deleted**

If you have questions that aren't answered on our page, please ask.

Below are the details of the PokerAvenueUSA Prop Program. PAUSA is a new poker room launched by an experienced management team. There will be no shift managers and no minimum hand requirements. The seating rules are easy to follow and you can earn up to 130% Rakeback.

We will strictly enforce these rules:

General Prop Rules:

1 Do not mention the prop program to others, especially at the tables.

2 You must be respectful of PAUSA customers. Don't say anything negative in the chat, not even a sarcastic "NH".

Seating Rules:

· You may not take the last 2 seats on the table.

· When your table no longer has seats available, you must:

· Stand from the table OR

· Sit at a new table abiding by the seating rules specified. This can be satisfied by sitting alone waiting for a customer only if you are unable to find another permissible seat within your buy-in range.

· Once you are seated at 2 tables, you need not join a 3rd table even if your 2 tables fill up. You may play as many tables as you wish.

Supported Games: $0.50/$1.00 and bigger Limit games.

$0.10/$0.20 and bigger NL and PL games.

Pay:

You will be paid between 85% and 130% rakeback based on the following scale. Once you reach a tier, you will be paid that rate for all your hands that week.
o 85% rakeback when less than $50 in rake is generated.

o 100% when between $50 and $150 in rake is generated.

o 115% when between $150 and $1000 in rake is generated.

o 130% when over $1000 in rake is generated. (this level will be raised to a $2000 minimum in the future)

Rakeback is calculated using the Contributed Method.

1 Tournament fees will be refunded at 100%.

2 The week starts and ends on Sunday night at Midnight EST. Your pay will be processed by Wednesday at 3pm est.

3 You are not able to check rake throughout the week, but we will provide you with a report via email after you are paid each week detailing your play.

Promotions:

· You may periodically be offered prop bonuses, but no standard customer bonuses will be available for props.

- Props are not eligible for PAUSA Freerolls.

1. Clear your browser cookies, then use this link to download PAUSA and create your account:

2. If you don't already have one, go to and create a forum account. You will gain access to a private Prop forum within a few days, where updates will be available.

3. To finish the prop signup process go to: and complete the form to register yourself as a prop.

That's it! We will confirm the account for you as soon as possible, but you can start playing immediately.

If you are having trouble finding an appropriate deposit method, please contact us. They are adding epassporte shortly.

If you have any questions about this offer please email

[/ QUOTE ]

I deleted the links as I wasn't sure they were allowed
Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 PM

You dont think the pokersite has to pay a fee to Neteller? 12% is high, but not out of the realm of possibilities. Back when I worked for Gamesgrid I think they were charging props 6% in for transactions. Back to neteller was free.

Be happy you are getting 90% back if you dont like the site.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM

NL__FOOL,

That might very well be copyright infringement and good cause for this thread to be deleted. I used the Notify a Mod button.

Can you not be respectful of propping in general? The sites do not want it advertised. Is it that hard to understand?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:49 PM

meh propping is dead anyways. I did it full time for 4 years and it is just not worth it anymore.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL__FOOL,

That might very well be copyright infringement and good cause for this thread to be deleted. I used the Notify a Mod button.

Can you not be respectful of propping in general? The sites do not want it advertised. Is it that hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Copyright infringement? WTF are you smoking? Are you even aware what the term copyright means? There was nothing copyright about it.

It is a standardized automated response from a propping site stating their terms and conditions if you want to be a prop.

Here is the definiton of copyright so you might better understand:

Copyright: is a set of exclusive rights that regulate the use of a particular expression of an idea or information. At its most general, it is literally "the rights to copy" an original creation. In most cases, these rights are of limited duration. The symbol for copyright is "©", and in some jurisdictions may alternatively be written as either (c) or (C).

[ QUOTE ]
Can you not be respectful of propping in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is widely known that propping is used by a lot of the smaller sites, and in no way was I being disrespectful. I was pointing out that no where in the T & C does it say that unless you play x # of hands you will be charged for deposits and withdrawls

Are you a PokerUSA rep or something?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 PM

[x] notify a mod button used
[x] thread now has exciting implications
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a PokerUSA rep or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't play there at all.

My bad on the copyright thing. You're probably right. That doesn't mean you're not a douchebag for posting it, though.

Onaflag.........
Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM

[x] First insult thrown, thread just GOT interesting
Closed Thread