Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM

Default never play at pokeravenue usa

it's this tiny site with like five real money players online simultaneously.

i signed up as a prop player, but when i saw that they had no traffic i tried to cash out my initial deposit of $100

they didn't process the cashout. i didn't receive a word... i tried again and the same thing happened so i emailed them and received some backhanded explanation that i need to play some hands. i asked how many hands and received no reply.

so i played an orbit at a three-handed 50nl game and tried to cash out my newfound fortune of $102. no monies received, no explanation. i tried to email them, no reply. they don't list any support phone numbers.

last wednesday i contacted my rb affiliate and they supposedly emailed support, but i heard nothing from the site

now i finally found someone at live chat

[ QUOTE ]
You have reached player support, Please enter your query.
PLZDIAGF: let me cash out already
Support: can you be more specific?
PLZDIAGF: i've been trying to cash out for over a month
PLZDIAGF: this is the first time live help has been online
PLZDIAGF: i've sent several e-mails and received one reply which was very vague
PLZDIAGF: i don't know what i need to do for you to let me cash out
Support: ok one moment pls
Support: let me check your status
Support: we had rejected your mail because you were doing an in and out transaction
Support: your deposit is on Sept 24th
PLZDIAGF: ok what's an "in an out transaction" exactly
Support: if you want to withdraw then we would have to charge the 12% neteller charges us
Support: if you still want to withdraw
Support: then we can give you the remaining money
Support: if you do not want to be charged
Support: then you would have to show us that
Support: you have played in the ring games
Support: for one more month
PLZDIAGF: what?
Support: meaning you are not only doing an in an out trasaction but you have played in our site
PLZDIAGF: so i can cash out november 24th?
Support: I guess
Support: yes
PLZDIAGF: you guess?
Support: you have to play
Support: in ring games
PLZDIAGF: that's kinda hard since they never run
Support: Please do you best and I will see want see what I can do
PLZDIAGF: well i played like three hands a couple of weeks ago
PLZDIAGF: is that enough'
Support: no si
Support: sir
PLZDIAGF: uh huh
Support: then we would have to charge you the 12%
PLZDIAGF: i asked that in an email and nobody answered
PLZDIAGF: ok how much do i need to gambool
Support: show us that you genuinly wanted to play in our site rather than making an in and out transaction and you will be fine
PLZDIAGF: ugh
PLZDIAGF: so how much is "genuine play"
PLZDIAGF: one session? ten sessions?
Support: you can play everyday
PLZDIAGF: wtf
Support: ten sessions aweek
PLZDIAGF: jesus
PLZDIAGF: of 20 cent nl
Support: sir I think you can make that decission
PLZDIAGF: was all of this in your T&C? could you please link me to them
Support: it is not
PLZDIAGF: nicely done
Support: or you can pay for the neteller charge
PLZDIAGF: link me to the terms please
Support: we will charge you the neteller fees and send you the money back
PLZDIAGF: i want to see the terms & conditions, i can't find the link
PLZDIAGF: and i didn't agree to that yet
Support: you know that there is a fee when you use neteller
Support: we cannot pay for the fee if you are making an in and out transaction
PLZDIAGF: can i please see your rules
Support: you can go to neteller site and see what they charge for transactions
PLZDIAGF: could you link me to your site's terms and conditions please
Support: it is not our site
PLZDIAGF: what
Support: neteller is not our site
PLZDIAGF: shock and awe
PLZDIAGF: i mean this site
PLZDIAGF: pokeravenue usa
PLZDIAGF: i feel this sort of thing should be clearly stated before people register
PLZDIAGF: if it's in there i apologize, unless you're editing it in right now
Support: Sir didn't you know that neteller charges us for any transaction
Support: it is true for any where you use neteller
PLZDIAGF: could you give me a link to your site's, that is pokeravenue usa's, terms and conditions please

[/ QUOTE ]

after that i asked the guy for a link to the T&C i think two more times. i didn't get to copypaste that part before the chat window abruptly closed without any warning.

a 12% cashout fee sounds pretty unique as far as online gambling sites go. i've deposited and cashed out at dozens and this is the first time i've had to play every day for two months before they allow a cashout without a fee

my only major problem is that since i'm apparently not allowed to see the site's rules, i don't know if they just randomly made that fee up

i guess i have no choice but to pay it. yeah, it's only 12 bucks but all of this was handled pretty unprofessionally by them imo
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: never play at pokeravenue usa

cliffnotes: poker site charges a ridiculous fee for cashouts and their support seems to have better things to do than answer emails. i ask live chat dude for the site's T&C nine times and he refuses to give a link

i guess the point of this post is that is you decide to start a poker site with a couple of your friends and run it from your parents' basement, pay better attention to customer relations
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess the point of this post is that is you decide to start a poker site with a couple of your friends and run it from your parents' basement, pay better attention to customer relations

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe even more important: as a player, try to do some research, and play only on reputable sites.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 AM

They handled this badly. However, this is standard for even the larger rooms.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM

You signed up as a prop and come onto the biggest poker message board in the universe and tell everybody you signed up as a prop? Shame on you. You're a disgrace to prop players everywhere.

No traffic? Do you know the job of a prop? You're job is to help the site get off the ground by starting games. What would they need you for if the traffic you seek already existed?

You tried cashing out right after making a deposit? Do you know the job of a prop? You're there to help the site get off the ground not sink them with stupid transaction fees.

They paid the Neteller fees in good faith assuming you were going to do your job. You decided not to take the job after accepting the job and then complain because they want you to pay those fees?

Please stop propping. You are bad for online poker.

Onaflag.........
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 PM

I also signed up at this site as a "prop" However before I
made a deposit I checked the ring game traffic, there were 0 ring games going above .10-.20 NL the 3 times I checked so I never deposited there.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You signed up as a prop and come onto the biggest poker message board in the universe and tell everybody you signed up as a prop? Shame on you. You're a disgrace to prop players everywhere.

No traffic? Do you know the job of a prop? You're job is to help the site get off the ground by starting games. What would they need you for if the traffic you seek already existed?

You tried cashing out right after making a deposit? Do you know the job of a prop? You're there to help the site get off the ground not sink them with stupid transaction fees.

They paid the Neteller fees in good faith assuming you were going to do your job. You decided not to take the job after accepting the job and then complain because they want you to pay those fees?

Please stop propping. You are bad for online poker.

Onaflag.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Also, when the rep offered you the cashout after the 12% fee, why wouldn't you just take that? Is $12 really worth spending an hour talking to him and posting this on 2+2?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 PM

erm whats laymans for a 'prop' I'm not down with the lingo at the moment. Also what I was originally going to reply with was maybe they'd have been more helpful if you didnt have the most antagonistic screename ever lol!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 PM

Prop player are people who get an hourly rate to play. They still risk their own money and have no advantage over normal players but they are there to generate traffic. It helps a site get games going until they reach a critical mass where they are big enough that they don't need props
Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM

yeah, prop players exist, in related news man has recently landed on the moon

you're telling me just because i signed up to increase traffic on their site they have the right to just slap me in the face with some random 12% fee?

what's the harm to them? i'm receiving no payment apart from bigger rakeback. which they haven't had to pay because i haven't played.

i've never heard of a fee like that before, and i've withdrawn from dozens of online gambing joints. are poker sites charged that much on all transfers? when aba cashes out a million does FTP have to cover 12% of that?

obviously i'm willing to part with the amazing fortune of 12 dollars if that's part of the rules i agreed to when signing up.

but since the site won't let me read the terms, i have no idea. and then there's this

[ QUOTE ]
PLZDIAGF: was all of this in your T&C? could you please link me to them
Support: it is not

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the main reason why i'm posting this, as well as the hilarity of asking the support dude for something nine times and him simply closing the window in reply
Closed Thread