Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Default how to play set here? 333 [AT3o] NL1000$

Hi, it is my 1st post here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I have some troubles with HH, how to convert them, help me please. I've tried to use convertes like http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php and http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.c...rt/convert.cgi they didnt help me.
So here is the hand. Room - ongame.

No stats on opponent, i know just that he is agressive.

Seat 1: hero [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] ($1,259.00 in chips)
Seat 7: johnnymjau ($925.00 in chips)
Seat 9: Snejkovic ($1,621.25 in chips)
Seat 10: thecuckoo ($533.00 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
hero posts blind ($5), johnnymjau posts blind ($10).

PRE-FLOP
Snejkovic folds, thecuckoo folds, Hero calls $5, johnnymjau bets $35, Hero calls $35.

FLOP [board cards 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Hero bets $70, johnnymjau bets $211, hero - ??

So he can steal, if so its better to call and let him bluff on turn and river, but if he has a hand, what is better now, call, or raise? if raise, what raise? i thought that the big raise (not all-in) would be "telling" my hand, so i made reraise all-in.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: how to play set here? 333 [AT3o] NL1000$

raise pre-flop
Old 09-06-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt want to raise preflop him there, cause this opp would 3bet me very often, or i'm wrong? And if here, what to do?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:03 PM

Scoot the loot. Looks good to me.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

This guy is very very aggro. Id probably call and CRAI, on any turn obviously.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Yes call now and crai turn but you should open preflop for a raise as limp-calling pre is almost always bad
Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 AM

Don't raise preflop.

As played you can either shove now, or call now with the intention of check raising all in regardless of the turn.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 AM

reraising preflop makes no sense.i think you played preflop fine. of course to mix things up you can reraise sometimes with 33 but only to mix up your play, it should not be standard. I don't hate a call and crai/ on the turn but what do you do if a heart turns? I think as played you can reraise him here on the flop, to 500 - 600. if he folds you prob. werent going to get any money from him on the turn anyway once you called his reraise, unless a heart comes out which makes the decision really tough. if he flat calls, you know he has a hand he likes(2pair,tptk set rarely a flush draw) and you can probably stack him on the turn unless he shows down aa,1010, which he prob. pushes after your flop reraise, you can then decide whether he has aa or 10 10 so i think this play gives you the potsize you want and the most information. you are worrying about telling him what hand you have so you make a big all in bet so he thinks you are bluffing. but what hands do you think he calls you with? this depends on your read of the villian. have you seen him make a big call with a weak hand? if so it may be the right play. but without any player info i still like the smaller raise
Old 09-07-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
reraising preflop makes no sense.i think you played preflop fine. of course to mix things up you can reraise sometimes with 33 but only to mix up your play, it should not be standard. I don't hate a call and crai/ on the turn but what do you do if a heart turns? I think as played you can reraise him here on the flop, to 500 - 600. if he folds you prob. werent going to get any money from him on the turn anyway once you called his reraise, unless a heart comes out which makes the decision really tough. if he flat calls, you know he has a hand he likes(2pair,tptk set rarely a flush draw) and you can probably stack him on the turn unless he shows down aa,1010, which he prob. pushes after your flop reraise, you can then decide whether he has aa or 10 10 so i think this play gives you the potsize you want and the most information. you are worrying about telling him what hand you have so you make a big all in bet so he thinks you are bluffing. but what hands do you think he calls you with? this depends on your read of the villian. have you seen him make a big call with a weak hand? if so it may be the right play. but without any player info i still like the smaller raise

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree with limping in the sb pretty much ever especially with a pair like threes you have no edge, the flop is gonna come overs and you have no plan except to lead the flop and hope or check and fold to his auto bet since you showed weakness by checking.

do you care if a heart falls on the turn, i don't i have a set vs. an aggressive player, i'm stacking off here everytime unless i whiff a turn c/r and the river hearts.

what makes you think he'll think you're bluffing when you three bet the flop?

since you limped in preflop which is weak, and then bet the flop, just calling the flop and going for a turn c/r seems appropriate though if he's aggressive enough to stack off wtih an ace get it in but i wouldn't be sure of that yet if the only read you have is 'he's aggressive'. go for the c/r and let him think you have a weak ace or a flush draw and let him try to run you over.