Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Five Card Draw: Have You Ever Seen?

Murakawa, I think a lot of good things comes from that the people who play draw aren't as many as plays hold'em.
First, you get to know the same people better personally, and you have a lot more fun discussions at the table.
Secondly, you get to know the same players playing style better to, and there is actually a chanse to play the same guy who plays bad a few days in a row. Both with notes and in your head. It is much more easy to keep track of say 20-30 players in you head then there is with the masses that is playing hold'em.
Of course, I play lower stakes, so there are more players playing there.
And for those who want it to get bigger (I want that to, but there are some good things that comes from a small circuit) get ONE draw event into the WSOP, and I think the game would grow!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Murakawa, I think a lot of good things comes from that the people who play draw aren't as many as plays hold'em.
First, you get to know the same people better personally, and you have a lot more fun discussions at the table.
Secondly, you get to know the same players playing style better to, and there is actually a chanse to play the same guy who plays bad a few days in a row. Both with notes and in your head. It is much more easy to keep track of say 20-30 players in you head then there is with the masses that is playing hold'em.
And for those who want it to get bigger (I want that to, but there are some good things that comes from a small circuit) get ONE draw event into the WSOP, and I think the game would grow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw all that, we need more fish! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a draw event in the WSOP in the early days but the phenomenal rise of hold'em eclipsed it.

I agree that you can study players more if the pool of players is small and I play at Paradise with its small pool of players but on the flipside there needs to be more fish.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM

il do it sometimes depends n the table dynamics but mostly in pl draw
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, we are all familiar with the four straight/four flush semi-bluff and we know that players over do it. They employ from under the gun even. However, I just wanted to know how many players, if any have you met, who are willing to three-bet it and then bet out postdraw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Today, I came across a degenerate bluffer who 4bet whilst playing heads up with a draw, I checkcalled with my pair postdraw and won or did I improve on the draw? Who knows? Not seen it four bet until today.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM

World Cup of Online Poker 100K guaranteed draw tournament in September... who wants to stake me?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
World Cup of Online Poker 100K guaranteed draw tournament in September... who wants to stake me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd buy a chunk at par.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 PM

I'll tell you what. If I don't get to the final table but cash, I'll pay you the buy in from my winnings. If I do make it, we'll call it 50/50!

I wonder what first place in that tourney will pay... I just hope I win it.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:19 PM

stake you???? its only 215 us buy in 1 place will be at least 25k not many draw players
hope to see you there at my table
Old 07-14-2007, 08:54 PM

lol