No Limit Hold'em Ring Game (6 max) , 5 players
Blinds : $0.50/$1

Stacks:
UTG : $121.10
CO : $363.80
Button : $91
SB : $122.90 (Hero)
BB : $101

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO limps, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7.50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $15</font>, Hero ???

CO is 50/25 and super aggro postflop.

My problem here is his raise can be almost anything, which makes just calling really [censored] since I'll often check-fold the turn with the best hand.

On the other hand, raising is so awkward. If I just shove it folds out anything I beat and gets called by straights and sets and maybe two pairs. If I raise something more moderate and he calls I'm in a suck spot when the turn misses, which it usually does.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Awkard combo draw

pushy pushy said the fishy
Old 05-12-2007, 04:47 PM

Call the flop and then check the turn. If he is aggro especially with 50VPIP i will let hang himself and maybe push on the turn if his bet is big enough.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:56 PM

why is calling bad?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:29 PM

I'd probably just call if I wasn't a bit tilty. I find I'd shove here if he made a normal sized raise.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is calling bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, maybe it's not, but my thinking is like this :

1. he often has another FD, which is of course good if we hit, but most of the time we don't.

2. if I hit a Q or A am I getting all in?

3. most of the time I miss the turn, I have no idea what he has and don't know what to do.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:40 PM

reraise big. the way you described villian he might be raising just cause the flop is ragged. if you get it all in just there, it's fine too; you're in good position against everything but a set/two pair and even then it's not too bad.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 PM

if all your outs are clean you have 36% equity when behind. Which means that because he is amaniac, you have a made hand on the turn 36% of the time, if you miss you get to hit the river 36% of the time so can make your decision.

Notice that, this doesn't take away outs when villain has a big hand (one strong enough to call your shove with).

If villain is as weak as you think it is, you can c/r all in on the turn (as he won't often bluff the river but will still bluff on the turn a large % of the time)

The argument against this is that, if you shove, you do win 30 immediately when he folds. So the pot isn't ridiculously small.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reraise big. the way you described villian he might be raising just cause the flop is ragged. if you get it all in just there, it's fine too; you're in good position against everything but a set/two pair and even then it's not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the problem is if I shove I'm pretty much only getting called by sets &amp; straights (two pairs also, but less likely that he has two rags that low). So even though I have a nice combo I have crap equity if called.

Meh, maybe not, people do call nutty overbet shoves with junk sometimes.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well the problem is if I shove I'm pretty much only getting called by sets &amp; straights (two pairs also, but less likely that he has two rags that low). So even though I have a nice combo I have crap equity if called.

Meh, maybe not, people do call nutty overbet shoves with junk sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

40% equity isnt too crappy and he has quite a wide range of hands (as i said i often see people like that just raising cause of this flops texture), so he'll fold often. I havnt done the calculations but with the money already in, i'm sure pushing isnt -ev here.