Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Help me with a big leak in my game

I think yr memory is selective. I mean really, how many set over sets are u losing(see above about trips vs.set). that is nuts. (2) pair is about as dangerous a hand as there is to play, I alwys proceed with caution.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
little crazy on hands like this u might want to raise a high amount to send him the message that "u have the goods" or just go all-in to scare him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible advice. If your opponent is playing crazy you want to give him as many chances to bluff at the pot as is humanly possible. Raising alot, or pushing is only going to make him fold all of the trash that he could bluff at you on a later street. This especially true because he is playing crazy and therefore probably has no hand anyway.

If you have a set and your crazy aggressive opponent has no hand (which he will most of the time) then you should call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another thing you want to do is learn to use position. A hand like 66 may be great to raise with from the button in an unraised pot, but from UTG you are probably going to fold it or limp in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who folds pocket pairs? Hitting sets is one of the best ways to stack people. Not raising fine, but folding them? I would fold them to a raise depending on the other people in the hand's stacks, but that's it.