Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

At 15, I broke my wrist in two places playing Parcheesi as my wrist hit the underside of the table.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 PM

My friend and I were running around the house, he bumped into me and my foot went into a corner.

Same friend a week later I hit with a frying pan. We were spinning it around and then throwing the action figures in it out onto the road to see who could do it hte furtherest. The pan came apart, landed on his dome.

I was going down a slide on my stomache, did a forward roll and broke my arm.

I too have a piece of pencil in me.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Around 2nd grade I was running behind my buddy behind the houses in our neighborhood. He stepped in the bees nest and I got stung about 45 times. He didn't get stung at all.

The next summer I was riding my Junior Sting-Ray down a big hill and I found out my brakes were not working, I could pedal backwards and the pedals would just go round and round. Uh oh. I ran full speed into a metal chain that was blocking the road. I don't exaclty know what happened next but the result was the bike and I were in a twisted mess and I had racked myself pretty good on the bar. Blood oozed out of my pee pee for two weeks.

Fast forward to July 4th, 2004. I was slicing a standing rib roast with a 10" chefs knife. It was wet under the cutting board and the whole thing starting sliding toward me. As I attempted to grab the roast and save it from falling to the floor, I missed the roast and grabbed the knife instead. Cut all five fingers and the worst was my middle finger that I cut to the bone. Twelve stitches in all.

The next spring I was rolling the garbage bin to the curb for pickup and slipped off the curb and rolled my foot under my leg. Figured it was just a sprain but went to the doctor anyway. After the x-ray, the doctor informed me that I had stretched all the ligaments but instead of any of them actually snapping, the big one actually tore a piece of bone from its home.

There are more, including a major injury to each eye. But that's another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn dude, just stay inside
Old 09-26-2007, 11:23 PM

I used a knife to separate two frozen burritos. The knife slipped and I ended up slicing off half the fingerprint of my left index finger. A trip to the hospital and several stitches ensued.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM

I know it says "bizarre injuries you've suffered," but I will share one that a co-workers has suffered.

I work at a television station. One year a photographer was shooting video at the zoo on the fourth of july weekend. There were a number of little american flags decorating all the flower beds. As he was backpedaling while shooting the scene he tripped over the low railing around a flowerbed and...[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

A perfect shot. Surgery that afternoon to repair a tear in his colon.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 PM

In first grade I found a metal die-cast model of a jet plane on the play ground. I was running with it in my hand and tripped, and the rudder went straight through my hand between the metacarpals. Didn't break the skin on the back, but left a lovely bruise on the back of my hand. Still have the scar on my palm.

Also, I was youngest of 6, so my mattress was hand-me-down. One of the inner springs broke and punched through the top of the mattress and sliced my knee open about 3 inches long, down to the knee cap. I have a wicked scar from that.

I mean, uh, I cut my knee SCUBA diving on a sunken battleship.

I have a scar hidden inside my left eyebrow (skateboarding). The cut and scab looked like an eyebrow from a distance even though I pretty much scraped the eyebrow clean off.

This one isn't mine, but I always find it funny. My brother got a frisby caught in the branches of a tree. We had a galvanized metal pole laying in the back yard, left over from putting up chain link fence. My brother grabbed the pole, stood under the frisby, and through it javeline style straight up at the frisbee. It went up about 6 feet, came straight back down an plowed him right in the forehead. Flattened him, blood everywhere. Thought his skull was fractured, but X-rays were negative. His skull was too thick. He said it felt like a piece of his skull was "floating in his brain." This incident probably explains a lot about my brother, one way or the other.

My other brother sliced the tip of his finger in half lengthwise with a circular saw, and burned a hole through his thumbnail with a model rocket engine. He also rubber cemented a bicycle inner tube valve to the metal lid of a mayonaise jar, screwed it onto the jar, and tried to inflate it with a bicycle pump. Three strokes and it exploded like a glass hand grenade. No injuries were reported.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Playground, age eight--I was running around the jungle gym, as I was wont to, and went head-first into a little footbridge connecting one part of the jungle gym to the other. I won a golf-ball sized hematoma for that.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:59 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Was trying to cut an orange with a butter knife when I was 6 or so and put the knife through my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this even possible? A butter knife is basically a knife-shaped piece of dull metal.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 AM

In pre-school I was walking around with a Tinkertoy pipe in my mouth that I had made. Some kid hit the pipe and the stem made a hole in the back of my throat. Bled like crazy and I kept choking on my blood. Had to go to the hospital.

I put a smoke bomb in a knot hole on a tree, then tried to cover up the knot hole with my hand to see if the smoke would come out of another knot hole. Burned my hand pretty bad.

On a canoe trip another kid was trying to throw rocks in the river, but watching my uncle to see if he was looking. My uncle had told him not too. So the kid turns around and accidentally flings giant jagged rock into my face from about 2ft. Stiches, hospital.

My friend and I were going to race on our sleds. I thought it would be funny to jump in my sled backwards (head first), on my back and look back at him and laugh. I ran into a concrete light pole with my head going full speed. I got up on my knees but all the wind was knocked out of me and I couldn't breathe. I just remember trying to suck in a tiny breath of air, until I passed out face first in the snow. Supposedly I was out cold for a couple minutes. How I didn't break my neck is a mystery.

A month ago mountain biking in mammoth I wipe out, feel fine, start riding again, and look down at this beauty - WARNING GROSS AND PROBABLY NSFW!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 AM

I know this isn't technically an injury I suffered, but it was bizarre. I was watching some news show that mentioned a baseball player getting injured. The announcer said that the next scene was not for the faint at heart. The guy hits the ball and runs to first base. About three quarters of the way there, his leg starts to wabble at the knee and he falls over with a dislocated leg.