Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Estimate Straw poll rusults.

Uhhh, alot of us do not live in Iowa [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You spend too much time dissecting posts. The fact is that most of the "mainstream" polls have him at 1% and he got 9%. So STFU. I think you got my point. Quit being a nit.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, alot of us do not live in Iowa [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You spend too much time dissecting posts. The fact is that most of the "mainstream" polls have him at 1% and he got 9%. So STFU. I think you got my point. Quit being a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're claiming that Iowa isn't representative of the internet population, which is exactly the caveat in my post. If that's true then maybe it was a good showing. If it isn't true then youve got to be concerned about turnout. Its far from a nit.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:26 PM

I don't think Paul is dissapointed at all about his results. Turnout was down overall and I disagree that Paul wouldn't have broken 5% with Giuliani there. You figure he bumps up the total votes to around 20,000 and Paul is still at 6.5% with his total. You have to remember that Paul put together his campaign in Iowa in 1 week and only campaigned there for 1 week. He said he only spent about $250,000 there and I'm sure the rest of them spent double that at least and even more for Romney who spent in the millions. The only ones who should be dissapointed by this result are Tommy Thompson, Duncan Hunter, and possibly Mitt Romney even though he got 1st, he bought more tickets to give away than he actually got votes.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:31 PM

"Turnout was down overall and I disagree that Paul wouldn't have broken 5% with Giuliani there."

lol, what Ron Paul supporter is going to vote for Guiliani ever? I mean, maybe if Badnarick is there he might steal some votes.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:32 PM

Wtf, You have to pay $35 to participate in this poll? And some of them give away tickets? Sounds pretty weird to me.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Turnout was down overall and I disagree that Paul wouldn't have broken 5% with Giuliani there."

lol, what Ron Paul supporter is going to vote for Guiliani ever? I mean, maybe if Badnarick is there he might steal some votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I disagreed that he wouldn't have broken 5%! I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Obviously Paul's % would go down with Giuliani there because there would have been more total votes. He would have been more around the 6% area instead of 9%.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf, You have to pay $35 to participate in this poll? And some of them give away tickets? Sounds pretty weird to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Romney bought a [censored] load and gave them away as well as a bus ride and dinner to any one who would vote for him.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Yep, and Romney I believe spent ~ $2 million in Iowa. What a surprise, he won LOL. Free transportation, free tickets to vote for him, rock-climbing site at his tent(s), free T-shirts, free entertainment, free food, etc. etc. A regular carnival. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 PM

[quotelol, what Ron Paul supporter is going to vote for Guiliani ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? first nobody said the would. Second, youve got the situation backwards..its what Giuliani supporter would vote for Paul in Giuliani's absence...and my answer to that question is not many, but some, especially as an anti-Mormon vote.

j555...I agree...my 5% was a little aggressive. The increased denominator plus those who defaulted to Paul still would probably only bring it down to the high 6s.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Romney bought a [censored] load and gave them away as well as a bus ride and dinner to any one who would vote for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the results of this straw poll are worthless. A great money making scheme by the people who perpetrate this thing.