Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Two: 2 vs 6
Spiderman 2 95 69.85%
Men in Black 41 30.15%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Convince me to stake you (#2)

i busted taking a shoot way above my limit plz stake me!!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 AM

gb
Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Hi,

I am NL Hold'em player only.

Okay, I havent been playing poker that long. Almost 3 months. I am a good player and rarely tilt. It took me about a whole 2 months to understand poker decently. I am always looking for leaks or places where I can improve my game. I hate losing.

I have been playing professional for 3 months now and have no job. Poker has been my only income. Paying rent and regular bills have drained my bankroll. I am a NL 200 player and have gotten up to NL 400. There use to be days where I would play online poker 13 hours a day, with 2 hours a day for running. The only other breaks where eating and sleeping breaks. But now I have had cut poker because my bankroll has demished. I am a winning player but I have had to cashout due to rent and food, gas. My bankroll became some limited from cashouts I usually just play with about buyins when I play a stake.

I can succeed at MSNL. Especially @ NL 600 and NL 1000 / 2000. As long as I catch cards decently, I win. I'm not asking for a big stake. I will do whatever you tell me to do. If you tell me to do something to improve my game I will do it. I think I'm one of the best people to be staked. Anyways I will send you PM and can give you more info you wish, I have rambled on to much now. I will not make you regret making me your next protege. I dream of being BALLER NL 2k like you one day. I am have come here to step my game up and learn from the one the greats. Thanks for reading, I will add more later maybe.

/SIGNED
d@!DEE@D@#
GREG'S NEXT PROTEGE

T3rminator4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 04:50 PM

greg clear out your pm box
Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.#1 small stakes player in the world

i state the stats to stunt, i dont need to front make poker history every day i dont need a month

[/ QUOTE ]

for reals
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 PM

MASTER GREG PM TO YOU DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE EMPTY YOUR PM BOX. I CAN'T PM YOU.

THANKS,
YOUR POKER PROTEGE
T3RMINATOR4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 02:15 AM

So I have decided to write a serious response to your staking post in BBV.

About me: Im 23 years old, and I just graduated college this past may. I have a major in economics and a minor in business administration. I am currently looking for a job in the real world. I have always been a competitive person; I played a lot of starcraft in HS as well as basketball. Nowdays I mostly play golf and poker to get my competition in. I didn’t start playing (online) Poker until I was a junior in college (~2 years ago) and I have been hooked ever since.

Poker history: I first started playing live poker with friends in the dorms, and was one of the bigger winners in the game (~$20 a week or so). I thought it was great, so when I finally turned 21 I moved to the online poker world. I started with some free $100 deposit deal with pokersourceonline at partypoker. I first started playing .5/1 limit games to clear the bonus’ and then I moved on to a few other sites to clear their bonus. During this time I read SSHE by Sklansky and registered for the 2+2 community. I moved on to SNG’s and started grinding the $20’s eventually moving all the way up to the 109’s. These SNG’s are my bread and butter game, and I spent a lot of time learning how to beat them through the 2+2 fourms.

About a year and a half later I won some MTT on starts for about $13K. Then I won another MTT on Party for $13K again. I thought I was on top of the world and took a large sum of money out to help pay for my school. It was about this time that I decided to test out the NL cash games that I had been hearing so much about. I immediately jumped into Party’s $400NL games and was a solid winner with the help of the 2+2 community. I was doing decent with about 4ptbb/100 win rate when the dreaded UIGA bill was first introduced. Everyone was saying it would be the end of online poker, so I decided to take my shot (wayyyy under rolled) at Party’s 5/10 NL. What a mistake that was, at first I won about 8K and thought it was really easy, however I soon realized I was wrong and dropped it all back plust about 5k more.

After Party shut down, I moved most of my money over to full tilt and decided to grind the 2/4NL games there. However after it was too late and my roll was almost busto, I realized that Full Tilt was way different than Party poker, and I could not successfully beat the 2/4 games there. I lost most of my roll here and had to build back up from FPP’s on Poker Stars. Lucky for me the SNG’s there are super soft and I won about 3 seats to the Sunday mill in the 375FPP turbos. I used this $T roll to grind back up from the SNG’s starting at the lowest possible ones $3/45 man. I eventually got up to the $27’s and decided I wanted to go to the WSOP. All this is happening within the past 3-4 months, so most of my profits have gone to trying to qualify for the WSOP. I came really close to winning a seat multiple times, but never did. Took 2nd in some 33r (1 seat paid) which was just heartbreaking. So that brings us up to date.

I am now currently just grinding the $27 SNG’s and am basically ready to move up to the $60’s with my 3k roll. However I know the real money is in the NL cash games, the edge in SNG’s is just so small once you reach the $60 level. I think I would benefit from being staked by you in many different ways. I have played and seen hundreds of thousands of hands, and have a great wealth of experience. With your coaching (which I would be most looking forward to) I think I would be able to get back to my winning ways at the $200 and even the $400 level in no time at all. And that would just mean more money for both you and me. Even though I am currently looking for a job, I would probably be able to put in a good 5-6K hands every week and even more until I find a job. Hopefully you will consider me for this staking deal.

Thanks

P.S. If you would like to see graphs of the past 2 years, I can dig them up as I saved most of my play in poker tracker. I have about 4 databases all on CD, but it would not be a problem to retrieve them if need be. I have an old blog which is no longer active, and I also have a new blog which I just started this month. First is located at www.efficientpoker.blogspot.com second is www.pokermonth.blogspot.com.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:49 AM

Hey Greg,

Couldn’t resist this opportunity. I am currently playing poker full time having just finished a statistics degree in college. I will probably be playing professionally for the remainder of 2007. I’ve recently moved up to 1/2 nl on Party and find the games extremely easy but variance hasn’t smiled on me so far.

I think I would be a good candidate for staking as I have a crazy work ethic which involves numerous hours studying the game away from the table. This involves session reviews in pokertracker, compiling detailed notes on regulars & selectively reading posts on 2p2. Posters I admire on this site are yourself, MDMA, Krantz, Jay, whitelime, xorbie, VanVeen, Josh, Big_Jim, Jason Strasser to name a few. I am obsessed with improving my game and have currently cut down to playing 4 tables to try and take my game to the next level (partly inspired by your ssnl post). I have good game selection and always try to play my ‘A game’ at the tables. To help with the latter, I have read sport psychology books with an emphasis on concentration/ distraction control and developing equanimity. I have also looked into medidation, aswel as improving my diet and physical fitness in order to improve my focus at the tables. My game at the moment is pretty much tiltless.

I have no doubt that I could beat 2/4 nl but do not have the roll/balls to play that limit yet. My judgement that I could beat it is based on sweating the games. I will be playing 40-50k hands a month or so for the next few months. I would greatly appreciate being able to discuss poker with you on a regular basis and this is what really attracted me about your offer. While I’ll happily grind away at my current level, I would really enjoy the challenge of playing higher. I know it would force me to improve my game which is what drives me as a poker player. Conceptually I believe I am quite a bit ahead of most players at my level but I know I’ve a long way to go to be beating high stakes. I am a highly motivated and competitive person and I will always push myself to improve as a player and not settle for just beating my current limit(s).

I realise that I don’t have many posts on 2p2 and you may dismiss me because I’m primarily a lurker, but I do plan on contributing more to discussions in the future and posting hands. I have received coaching briefly with one of the aforementioned posters in the past and am considering getting coached again. I was actually thinking about sending you a PM(prior to seeing this thread) asking if you did any coaching because you seemed like a good guy, judging by your willingness to help small stakes players on 2p2. I am an avid reader of your blog and I find the posts on the psychological aspects of the game very interesting ( ie, playing when you’re in a good state of mind, keeping focus at the tables, maintaining discipline etc). These aspects are often overlooked on 2p2 yet I believe they are extremely important and I love the fact that you address them. Anyway, I think it’s really cool that you’re giving somebody this opportunity and I hope your success at the tables continues.

PS. I can produce stats and records of my play for the past couple of years if needed.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PM box full. ;(

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Basically this is my story. I deposited $200 in '04 after reading many books on poker.. I turned that into a $4000 roll grinding SNGS. At that point i quit my job and poker became my sole source of income for the last 3 years. I was able to cover all living expenses and buy around 50K of studio equipment (i do hiphop music) My roll has been as high as 18K and i have been a solid winner in SNGs, then MTT's, then cash games (up to NL400). I almost never tilt and make sure to play within my roll. I have had tourney scores of 7k, 5K 4 times, as well as many other 4 figure scores.. I am a very competent cash game player with very few leaks.. although I am always interested in becoming a better player and realize i have much to learn. I have no problem putting the hours in and have logged 100K hands many months at 5pt/bb

The last six months have been very hard.. For the first time in my poker career I have gone busto due to a broken car and family crisis, as my roll slowly had to be taken out. I have a few thousand in the bank but i cannot afford to play with my "food money". Poker is such a great outlet because of the freedom it affords me, but i am now at the point where i must get a real job and I am at peace with that, even though i know i am +EV in every form on NL hold em (atleast up to NL400, SNGs, and MTTs)

If you would be interested in helping a good person and good player get back on their feet.. i would be GREATLY thankful. thx for taking the time to read this and i completely understand if you do not want to back me... although i know it would be great for both of us.

Sincerely

Steve Morris

P.S.. if u like hip-hop check out my site at myspace.com/unifiedmindz07.. we are very close to making it big!

take care