Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: The Well: cts

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you get coolered?

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, just make sure you have the goods in the real big pots. I don't mind getting coolered with the second nuts for 100BBs or something.

[ QUOTE ]
What adjustments, if any, do you make on your CB's mid game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really sure what you mean here. In a heads up pot, I always bet the pot minus 1 or 2 BBs, depending on the board texture. If the pot is reraised/multiway/vs a guy who never folds on the flop/vs a shortstack/etc I may adjust by CB a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that the idea that you should CB almost any HU pot you raised PF is a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically, note the scenarios I listed above though.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At what limit do you feel that straightforwardish ABC tight aggressive poker isn't enough to beat the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, 25/50 maybe? I dunno I've never played higher than that.

[ QUOTE ]
What was your win rates as you moved through limits?

[/ QUOTE ]
I had solid winrates at all of the limits. 3/6NL was probably my most profitable limit, those games are very juicy. Anything around 5PTBB/100 is good for MSNL stakes.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are your preflop stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've played lots of different styles, from 20/18 to 35/25. I usually play right around 25/20, but sometimes go into a LAG mode if I feel like the tables are being to tight and I want to get some action going on.

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think is the hardest thing to master in poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. Not tilting is important, this can be tough for some people. Hand reading I guess in NLHE since it is so opponent dependent yet so important?

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think is the most important advice forjust starting out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Practice good bankroll management. Review the hands in which you won or lost a lot of money and analyze if you played it well. If you're not sure, post it on the forums.

[ QUOTE ]
what is the most important advice for some1 moving from SSNL to MSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even close. Table select well.

[ QUOTE ]
who's the toughest player you've played against?

[/ QUOTE ]
BLdSWtTRs probably. It's weird, his stats aren't that loose or anything, but I swear every time I open he reraises me and then tries to get me to play a gigantic pot. He's tough.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What was your win rates as you moved through limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you missed this or if it's off limits. Last time I'll bring it up.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:26 PM

Sorry, beat me to it, I was in the process of fixing that.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:31 PM

how long did you spend at each limit? did you run hot, and if so, do you think running hot was a big factor in reaching higher limits?

i know you play 5/10 - 25/50 right now, but do you think in the future you will ever play higher, like the 50/100 game on UB or on Full Tilt, and do you ever plan on playing the big live tournament circuits? like WPT, WSOP, etc. etc.

are you going to wpt niagra?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:38 PM

What do you do, if anything to prepare for a session? Any advice for staying focused during a session?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how long did you spend at each limit? did you run hot, and if so, do you think running hot was a big factor in reaching higher limits?

[/ QUOTE ]
I spent a week or two at 1/2NL since I was just learning NL and didn't really know what I was doing. I moved through 2/4 really quickly since I only had to make 15 buyins ($12k roll -> $18k roll) to move up to 3/6. I played a lot of 3/6 since the games were so good, and did not run well when I first started at 5/10. I don't think I ran particularly hot as I moved up, my winrates aren't insane or anything. I guess it was important that I never immediately hit a 10 buy-in downswing right as I moved up.

[ QUOTE ]
i know you play 5/10 - 25/50 right now, but do you think in the future you will ever play higher, like the 50/100 game on UB or on Full Tilt, and do you ever plan on playing the big live tournament circuits? like WPT, WSOP, etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely play the 50/100 games if they look good, but I don't think I'm rolled financially/mentally for that quite yet. Live tournaments would be a lot of fun, but I turned 19 in June so it'll be a little while before I can do WSOP or anything.

[ QUOTE ]
are you going to wpt niagra?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I'd definitely like to, getting some live donkament practice would be cool, and moreso it'd just be cool to meet some 2+2ers and party/play live cash/win the 5k tourney. Also I guess I'd need some cash for the trip and I think it'd be cool to go the bank and ask for ten grand in hundreds [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do, if anything to prepare for a session?

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually I check 2+2 for any interesting threads to start getting in the right poker mindset, then restart my computer and fire up all my poker software and look for good tables.

[ QUOTE ]
Any advice for staying focused during a session?

[/ QUOTE ]
Play more tables? lol. Um I guess listen to music and focus on the action in hands you aren't involved in to get a feel for how the tables is flowing. For example, it's important to know if someone is on tilt and open-pushing every hand, but sometimes when I'm playing a lot of tables I'll miss this and then they'll open push and I'll have to fold TT to their Q2o because I wasn't paying attention.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At what limit do you feel that straightforwardish ABC tight aggressive poker isn't enough to beat the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, 25/50 maybe? I dunno I've never played higher than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you expound on this a little? Playing basic ABC TAG poker isn't that difficult, and I really doubt that the major factor keeping current SSNL grinders from beating 5/10 is the lack of a bankroll. From the hands I see played at MSNL limits, it seems like the games are much more aggressive and players with any kind of weak-tight tendencies (i.e. not contesting others' preflop raises enough, or not defending their own preflop raises with worse than top pair+ or a good draw, not being able to put your stack in with a draw or with air when you sense another player's weakness) will get run over; these aren't skills that people typically develop at lower limits.

How important do you think some of the more 'aggressive' plays are at a limit like $1/$2? For example, double-barrelling frequently, raising a wide range in CO/Button, semi-bluffing draws, bluff-raising c-bets (or bluff-3-betting a suspected bluff-raise), floating, 3-betting preflop in position with a wider range, etc.

Thanks for making this thread btw. I appreciate (and I'm sure all of the forum does too) that you've been posting in SSNL a bit recently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]