Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

I don't know if this is an "Ask piitm a question" thread and if it is I apologize but I must say this:

Do not waste your money on the Shure E2c's.

<<Proud E500 owner
Old 04-19-2007, 11:47 PM

how good/bad are the new ipod earphones that will go in each ear? Just to gauge what I am missing out on. Those are the only ones I have ever used.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Blaaaar.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 AM

I'm looking at buying these when they come out. You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser, right?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:05 AM

Unless you really can't tolerate in ear headphones, their passive noise cancellation is better than active noise cancellation. Also cheaper.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at buying these when they come out. You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you really can't tolerate in ear headphones, their passive noise cancellation is better than active noise cancellation. Also cheaper.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, i really don't care for the inner ear head phones. I have Shure E2s and i rarely use them because they just feel to weird in my ears.

I'm looking for something that fits over my ears comfortably. Price is not a huge concern either.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

My K701s came on wednesday. I have left them playing ever since, since top quality headphones actually do need to be burned in. But i can say, at this point, i am completely satisfied with my audio setup. There are no more components that i "need" to buy and everything sounds crystal clear and amazing. Perfectly clear music, moving around in your head as if you didnt have ears at all but were being fed the music straight into your brain is true audio nirvana.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow those look really cool. at my poker game on wednesday i was telling the guys in the game how my new top of the line headphones came and they were all like "omg, bose?" i lol'd. bose sucks, the only reason they didnt suck is because they made headphones that had noise cancellation, which people had trouble finding elsewhere. I am glad sennheiser is here to take over and send bose back to "we suck at making headphones that produce good music"-ville.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM

I returned by E2Cs and decided to get over ear headphones instead. It won't be for portable use. In fact (this may sound stupid), but I needed headphones to play Guitar Hero II. I bought the game when my wife and kid were out of town and played the game very loudly. Now that they're back, I find the noise of the controller to be distracting, so I needed headphones to cancel that noise out.

I didn't want to buy on-line, because I wanted the headphones right away. Unfortunately, that ruled out the headphones I really wanted, the Sennheiser HD580. No one in my area sells that. So I went to Circuit City and found the Sony V600. I went to Guitar Center and bought the Sennheiser HD280.

The Sennheiser is better, but the difference isn't as large as I thought it would be. The Sennheiser has better bass and better highs. Unfortunately, it's not quite as comforable as the Sonys. Even more unfortunately, it forms a much tighter seal on the ear than the V600. The result is that touching the headphone cable results in an obvious sound that you can hear.

Other than that, the difference in comfort isn't that bad.

The choice between the two is really simple, though. Circuit City has a great return policy. Guitar Center has no return policy (for headphones, at least). So I'll be retuning the Sony headphones.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 PM

I'm looking for a second set of headphones that would be comfortable to sleep (on my side) in. So far only the earphones that came with my ipod fit that description.